What's new

Stargate SG-1 DVD Questions (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, every version of Stargate SG-1 that has been released on DVD have been in the widescreen format. The only releases that are available are the thinpack releases. I would recommend keeping an eye on sales at Best Buy stores and their website. They have been selling all ten season sets for anywhere from $19.99 to $24.99.

If you're patient about it, I'm sure you can pick up the sets in chunks over time if you're budgeted for entertainment releases.

I was able to pick up all ten skeasons over a matter of a few months through these sales and Best Buy has them on sale on a regular basis.

DavidHAN

Agent

As far as packaging goes, I don't like the cardboard either, but if you use care in removing and replacing, there shouldn't be a problem with scratching. Minor scuffs were present along with some small dabs of what looks like glue, which came off with no problem, on a few of the discs. I've had no glitches, skips, or any problem watching these discs. I've pulled all discs once, just to make sure I had them all. Yes. I do.

Now that I'm up to the middle of season four, I have to say the show is getting better, not worse. Started watching on July 20, '08. I think it's worth the price for the complete series either way you want to go.

Now starting season six and still no problems with any disc.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just to follow up on this topic;

Thanks to a Buy one, Get One free sale at Amazon, I just bought the first 2 seasons. I couldn't pass up the $20 per season price.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Hopefully 2 seasons will be enough for me to decide if I want to get the rest.

Thanks for the info.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I know this is a REALLY old thread but had a question about the DVDs. My wife and I are currently watching the series for the first time and are now up to season 4. I noticed that the last episode in season 3 switched to the old Showtime intro, where all the episodes up until then used the Sci Fi version. Does anyone know why?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know why, but get used to it. It is the intro used for all of the seasons 4 and 5 discs. I'd say maybe purists complained about not having the episodes exactly as they aired, but why would they start with the season 3 finale? All I know is, it's ugly and primitive.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by KyleC

I noticed that the last episode in season 3 switched to the old Showtime intro, where all the episodes up until then used the Sci Fi version. Does anyone know why?
That wasn't the Sci Fi version, it was a version created for US syndication (although I suppose they would have used that version when airing the show in reruns on Sci Fi as well). As for why they switched between the two on the DVD's - no idea. Especially since other than the opening credits sequence in seasons 1 - 3, the versions used of the actual episodes are the original Showtime cuts.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

All I know is, it's ugly and primitive.
That it is. I don't know why some folks like it. It's taken straight from the original Stargate movie and doesn't fit with the more up-tempo version of the theme music at all. And, it's boring to watch for 45 episodes. And, it's a horrible video transfer so it looks terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks