Stargate: SG-1 - Awesome Deal!

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Gord Lacey, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I stumbled upon an awesome deal for the first 3 seasons of Stargate: SG-1....only $26 US per set!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1157

Now if someone likes sci-fi at all and hasn't seen the show they can get started for extremely cheap. I almost flipped out of my chair since that's half of what Amazon.com is charging!

Gord

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Thanks - I've been interested in getting these, but not at a $50 price, so I jumped on this deal.

BTW: The link on the 3rd season is broken (it has a "file://" in front of the link)

-Dave

3. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

Oops. (deleted).

4. Gord Lacey

Whoops, thanks Dave! I fixed it now.

Gord

5. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Gord, you should post this in the HT Coupons and Bargains area.

I'm glad I stumbled into it here though.

Thanks.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Damn, I wish I didn't own S1-S3 already.

...now if only there were a deal on S4 and S5 [​IMG]

7. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Yeah, I could use a deal on S5 too.

Looks to me like Amazon.ca has an error on the MSRP for those first 3 sets. Hope you guys get your sets, I know when .com has an error like that & they catch it they usually don't honor the orders.

8. Ted H Brown

Ted H Brown Auditioning

Hello,

I was curious. Are these the american versions of the season sets just being sold in canada, or are this canadian specific releases? I ask because although i would love to get these at this low low price, I don't want to buy a canadian DVD release when I can get the american release. I know its the same region, but id prefer to have the american version.

I hope someone will answer my question so i can order before the price goes back up.

Thanks

9. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Yes

Chris

10. Gord Lacey

I don't think this is an error. Normally we'd see a pricing error with a new listing, but these appear to be repriced. I've had links to these for a long time but the release date listed for those sets is Feb 2nd (for all 3) so they have gone in there and changed the prices.

Paul Russell (DVDAngle.com) and I were chatting last night and he said that MGM is now replicating some discs in Canada and that could lead to the reduced price.

Either way I hope a lot of people take advantage of these prices. I really enjoy the series, and to think it's so cheap now...wow.

Gord

11. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

It's not a pricing error, it's quite intentional. I'm sure Amazon.ca will honor the deal. I posted this deal in a thread discussing a 5th season missing feature. That was February 14, and the deal is still there.

There are at least two active discount codes around that will reduce the price further by $5 CDN, make sure to check forums that post deals & bargains before placing an order.

12. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I only needed to order seasons 2 & 3...after I did, I chose the cheapest shipping option...my sets shipped out 2 days after I ordered them, and arrived 2 days later. 4 days to get to Texas on the cheap. Not bad at all. I did notice that Wells Fargo charged me $1.22 or something for "foreign currency conversion". Bastards, they haven't done that in the past.

13. Dennis*G

Dennis*G Supporting Actor

I saw in the description that these are in widescreen format? Where these broadcast in widescreen or have the been chopped for DVD release?

14. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

From what I understand they were always widescreen. It's possible they were only shown that way on HD channels though or possibly just on Showtime in the beginning where the show started.

I have seasons 1-3 and they look excellent. Definitely true 16:9. Everything after season 1 is DD 5.1 too.

15. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Stargate SG-1 was always intended to be in widescreen.

16. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    How are the early seasons? Are they worth getting, or does the series not pick up steam until later (a la DS9)?

17. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

The early seasons are quite good! Definitely worth getting! And yes, it does "pick up steam" as it goes along, but that doesn't take anything away from the early seasons. This show just keeps getting more and more interesting.