Stargate Season 9

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gord Lacey, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Unfortunately the offer has ended. I've received emails from a number of people in your situation, and the problem is compounded by the Sony/MGM/Fox thing; I doubt Fox has any discs to send out, and Sony is no longer responsible for the MGM titles.

Gord

2. Chris Roberts

Chris Roberts Stunt Coordinator

Yeah I got stuck with the shorter version of Threads as well. I hope that Fox will be kind enough to include the uncut Threads as a bonus with Season 9. Even though they aren't responsible for the mistake, it would be a good thing to do for the fans.

3. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Sci-Fi has officially cancelled SG-1. S10 Will be allowed to finish but that will be the end. They cite drastic viewership drops from last year to this year as the reason. Atlantis will continue though.

www.thefutoncritic.com/newswire.aspx?id=7201

4. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

[​IMG]
    Just as I was getting into it as well!

5. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

That actually comes as a relief to me, because I've had my fill of Stargate SG-1, watching it on Showtime / syndication, and on the Sci-Fi Channel since it all started in 1997. The original series has come full circle, and it's a perfect time for it to end. If the 10th season finale ends with a cliffhanger, then they would have to make a one-shot TV movie sequel to wrap it up. I'd hate to see SG-1 go the unresolved SLIDERS route.

I don't collect either Stargate, but I've looked forward to them each Friday. Not sure where the Atlantis writers plan to take it because even after 3 years the Wraith are getting kind of stale at this point. At least SG-1 replaced the Ga'old with the Ori.

6. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

This may not be the end of SG-1. The show has made the jump to another network once before and the producers of the show are actively looking for either another station or format to carry forward the series.

7. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I cant believe this, at a time when there is talk of a movie sequel.

Just read the article, "falls short of ECW", yep, there's some real Science Fiction for you. [​IMG]

8. John*D

John*D Second Unit

If Season 10 is the last, they should give us 9 and 10 FAT STYLE packaging.

9. Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore Second Unit

I was bummed to hear about it the other day. Still, 10 seasons is a pretty good run and I've enjoyed seeing Browder and Black again - they really did well in revitalizing the show.

10. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I just thought I'd revive this thread to alert people that amazon has one of their "deals of the day" on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 for just $18.99

Click HERE. That's 62% off their regular price of $49.98.

But it's TODAY ONLY! So, if you are interested...act FAST! [​IMG]

11. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

Since Mike revived this thread, I'd like to check again on the status of any possible chance of acquiring the slim packaging for seasons 1-8.

Gord? Anyone?