What's new

Stargate Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
While I like all the stars on the show, none of them has something so stellar in the works to where it would make more sense to leave SG-1 because they can't get a raise vs. getting another year of their current salary to do another season.

If it ends like this, it will kinda seem like the whole Ori story will have been rushed, consisting of less than 2 full seasons. (Since they didn't find out about the Ori until a couple episodes into Season 9).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It is the same reason Farscape got dumped by Sci-Fi. At least they are consistant. :rolleyes

Jason

Arild

Supporting Actor
This just in - SG-1 will continue in two direct-to-DVD movies next year. The first one will act as the climax to the Ori storyline.

Well, I suppose a few more hours of SG-1 is better than no more SG-1.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I don't know if anyone here already knows about it or not, but MGM is sponsoring a contest called "Keep The Gate Open". They asked fans to create videos demonstrating why Stargate SG-1 should return for an eleventh season.

They announced the top ten video finalists today, and now they are asking fans to vote for the video they think is the best. There are some pretty awesome videos over there, I had a blast watching them all.

If anyone wants to check it out, the videos are at: GCBMe.com

They are wanting to get as many votes as possible, to show how many people still want Stargate SG-1 to continue. So if you want the show to go on, make sure to register and vote for your favorite. Oh, and you can vote once per day until Dec. 12th.

Enjoy!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
don't click on it if you don't want to know about series finale :D

the last scene of SG-1 is the team going off on another adventure and the camera looking at the stargate, it's the same shot as the first shot of the series before the Gaul'd came through. while that is a nice closure, i thought that the azgard technology was going to enable them to live future lives like they did with star trek TNG's All Good Things. instead of doing that, the series finale was one of those reset button episodes. i hate those episodes. yeah i know teal'c comes through older but the series finale should say somn about the series as it comes to a close (like six feet under). i understand it's an adventure romp but still, it seemed like all we had for 10 years was gate address of the week, bottled episodes, and most of the time reset button episode.

i hope the TV movies bring a much more saner closure cause this series finale really sucked. azgard touch was interesting because we saw developments of that several seasons ago. i liked that aspect. but oneill should have been the one to send them off. and where was he?

it'll be interesting to see how they incoporate the azgard tech to finish off the remaining ori ships because the ori homeworld has been destroyed.

most of the episodes leading up to it sucked as well. i wanted to see more of the ancients & ori's stuff. oh well.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
they kept it consistent alright, but the # of trek-syndrome episodes really drives many fans batty. c'mon, let's face it, they never really took this seriously beyond an entertaining action adventure romp, that's all SG1 is. but i thought it could've been so much more all these years. there were many potential. in a way, this series is what trek should have aspired to be in some respects, but like many SF shows, falls upon on SF architypes (as outlined by asimov's book on writing SF).

i still think it sucked, big time. very disappointed. even the s5 eps had more "fun" factor than the later ones. i actually disliked s1-s5 and loved the new direction of s6-s10. i also loved the chemistry that has evolved over the 10 years and bringing on the farscape couple is just a bonus. loved the dynamics. unfortunately everything else from plot, story, just content in general sucked big time. i've seen every single episode, can't remember them all but just felt that as the show dragged on, the more sucky it got."

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I'm not going to comment on the finale as I haven't seen it yet, but I will disagree with this statement. It didn't need to go 'dark' like BSG to have serious themes. There were many episodes that dealt with moral questions, especially in the first 5 seasons. As the show went on it certainly lightened up and wore out some ideas, but the Showtime years were some of the freshest, best seasons of sci-fi, let alone Stargate.

I agree that SG1's quality has waned over the years. It's a dual-edged sword, however. The move from Showtime to Sci-Fi provided that the series survived (and spawned a sister series and a soon-to-be third series) but the quality suffered due to buget cuts, characters leaving, and just longevity.
I'm actually hoping that by moving to direct-to-DVD that it tightens and freshens up SG1. It would allow the franchise to live on while focusing in on telling only the best stories, and helps the prospects of RDA being involved.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i hated s1-s5's gate address of the way. there was nothing innovative in terms of SF from any of those episodes. just entertainment and an action romp. even the makers of this series admits that. they just don't take themselves 2seriously. i think the move to SF rocked the boat and i loved all of the things that happened to daniel jackson's transformation into ancients and anubis, possibly THE greatest SG1 villain ever. those were definitely the HIGHLIGHTS of the series. i just wished shows would be outlined more like Babylon5 and end better like six feet under. ah well. wishful thinking.

just like everyone else, we're eagerly awaiting direct to DVD (how strange is that =P). these 2 films along with B5's Voices in the Dark will be awesome! i hope they come in HD flavors!

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

See, I'm totally the opposite. I think the first 5 seasons rocked the boat. You gotta remember, at the time, SG-1 was very innovative. There was nothing else like it in sci-fi. Everything back then was Star Wars/Star Trek. Everything had spaceships. Here was a show where the heroes didn't have spaceships, lasers (Teal'c excepted), or fancy technology. Yes, it wasn't dark like BSG (nothing at the time was dark like BSG. DS9/B5 would be the closest) or 'epic' like B5 but it certainly did mix in those elements.

I actually think the two topics you listed (Jackson's transformation, Anubis) were two overall disappointments because they could have been so much more. Why didn't Daniel try to access his repressed memory more? He basically has a gap of about a year and he did very little to at least try to recover any memories, let alone any knowledge that could combat the Ori. Anubis could have been a great villian but once he finally made it to the screen he did very little and was quickly written away.

I hope the DVDs are very successful. If they are, then other studios might look at that model and produce more sci-fi shows, in different flavors, so that we all can be happy.

Arild

Supporting Actor
I don't know about that. He appeared for the first time in the season 5 finale (after almost a season of build-up) and was never truly defeated until the end of season 8. Three seasons (four if you count his evil deeds in season 5 even though we didn't actually see him) as the main villain is pretty good, IMO.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
jackson's transformation couldn't have been so much more. how much "more" could it have been without treading into fanfic continuity p0rn>?:laugh: they used to explore buddhistic zen in quite an interesting way. it really made you think the way SF is supposed to, not many of s1-5's episodes tried to rise to that height. it was schlock at best.

s6-s10 had pretty solid episodes and arcs but like anything in the SG1 universe, nothing is ever TRULY resolved. they wanted to keep that portion 'realistic' they just like everything open ended.

meh, it's over and it's over. i just hope they start releasing these on HD because sky in the europe have been broadcasting s10,9,8 in HD and are starting with HD in season1 (1080p). it's also one of the very few shows that take FULL advantage of 5.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks