What's new

Stargate: Atlantis Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

I think it's possible that you could be on to something here. I don't think the SGA movie will be based entirely on that incident, but I do think that it could be at least a part of the new SGA movie. (Perhaps via a flashback.)

Based on what was revealed in ep 19 I agree that there is a high probability that the "alternate timeline Mckay" met the SGA team depicted as the one in "our" timeline. I'm basing this on his description of the Sheppard he met in the other timeline. Of course, it's also possible that that was an entirely different SGA team. It has already been established that there are infinite parallel worlds out there. That's a lot!! However, up to this point the only other "parallel world Sheppard" that we've met that was a leader of a SGA team was described as a MENSA member; and I didn't get the impression that that was the one the McKay of ep 19 met.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Finally got a chance to watch the last 2 episodes (19 and 20) and I was impressed. 19 definately was going for that CSI vibe and the cool thing about it (besides Sheppard dying to save Earth) was that it actually had something to do with the series finale.

And I agree, the series finale actually had a lot of substance and was satisfying overall.

A few observations: Ronin dying, though quick, was a heartfelt moment. But they had to cheapen the moment by having the Wraith revive him.

The battle between Earth's defenses against the Wraith was missing something. It seemed to lack importance. I understand that it's hard to get certain actors but not one general or high ranking official was present to lead the SGC? No knock against Carter but it just didn't feel "real" enough. I can't blame the show though. Budget and actor's schedules play a big part on what happens and who shows up onscreen so overall, they did a great job with what they had.

Bring on the movies. Having both the SG-1 and SGA casts in the same movies is going to be very cool.

Roger_R

Second Unit
September 30, 2008: An AU Season 6! Josephmallozzi’s Weblog - Joseph Mallozzi wrote down a breakdown of season 6 on his blog with pretty clear hints of what the first SGA movie will be about.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

The plan was to bring the city of Atlantis (which was originally on Earth millions of years ago) full circle for the show’s 100th episode. “It was also intended to be the launching point for a very interesting early Season Six scenario: With Atlantis back on Earth, why the hell would the I.O.A. ever let it go?” Mallozzi revealed yesterday. “And if it remained, which, by all indications seemed likely, what would become of its occupants, especially Ronon and Teyla? Also, with a permanent station in the Milky Way, wouldn‘t Atlantis, logically, cease to be a launch point for gate travel and, instead, become a research center for Ancient technology?”

This idea will instead serve as the set-up for the Atlantis movie, currently being scripted by Mallozzi and Paul Mullie.

Rennie Cowan

Agent
Real Name
Lana Lang.
The two movies will be filmed at the same time during the Summer such that the casts and the sets for both shows can be easily interchanged. Presumably the cast of SG1 will have an extended cameo in the Atlantis movie and vice-versa.

Stargate Atlantis has the upper edge, in my opinion, in terms of the characterization and story-telling. The universal villain (The Wraith) are far more challenging and interesting than the original adversaries in SG-1. The Wraith really get the imagination going; and they are a bit like science-fi vampires. The back-history of Atlantis, regarding the Ancients is extremely imaginative. The show can hold it's own without the cast of SG-1. So I don't necessarily like it when the two shows get mixed together. I enjoy Stargate Atlantis far more than SG-1. The two shows should be treated as two separate series. But I understand that comingling the two shows is showing off the Stargate Universe. So be it!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Guess it just goes to show everyone has different tastes. See I find the Wraith (and Replicators) boring and overused. Kinda like how Star Trek overused the Borg. I find the different cultures SG1 encountered, (how they had ties to similar cultures on Earth), much more interesting. And I guess because of their diverse characterization, I thought most of the Goa'uld were interesting too.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I think it is more a matter of how villians are used, not how much. The Jem'Hadar and Founders (Dominion) were used quite a bit on DS9, and it was compelling.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I don't think any villain deserves more than 1 1/2 seasons, maybe two.
I also don't agree with the concept that each antagonist has to exceed the previous one. Science Fiction offers a limitless supply of variety in enemies. If you've noticed, SciFi producers seem to avoid SciFi writers. (or even readers)

Finally, I just don't like Vampires, even "Vampires In Space".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks