What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 4 (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Anyone else glad the season premiere is almost here? I may be alone but I will definitely miss Weir.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I'll miss her as well, but the show really did need a little "shake up" as -- for some reason -- the 10th season of Stargate SG-1 seemed "fresher" last year than the third season of Atlantis!!

In any event, I'm looking forward to seeing Carter and McKay go at each other on a weekly basis ...

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I'm in the opposite camp regarding Weir. I've never felt the actress had the gravitas to realistically play the part of a base commander.

KyleC

Supporting Actor

Well her character being a civilian I think had a lot to do with it too. She couldn't very well order around all the military and most of the time she tried she was shut down.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
While I'm looking forward to seeing SG-A again, I'm a bit surprised that it is on at 10 while Trash Gordon keeps the prime 9 o'clock time. I wonder if the times will be readjusted once Dr. Who's run ends.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Do I need to watch SG-1 to watch this show?
I want to start watching both, but might like to start this one first if I don't
need to watch SG-1

Nick

Second Unit
Man, I wish I didn't read the thread. I just pre-ordered season 3 and I should get it today.

Arild

Supporting Actor
I hear you. I knew about the cast change in question before reading this thread, but you'd think that by now people would have learned not to put spoilers regarding episodes that haven't even aired yet all over the place.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Unfortunately, I think it has more to do with Torri and the writing. The original actress in the role (in SG-1) seemed more believeable as both a negotiator and someone strong enough to be a base leader. Unfortunately, I didn't see Torri carrying the character the same way.

Also, I think the writing let her down. Weir's a trained negotiator, but very rarely did she employ those skills. I think if the writing was better, Weir could have caught on more.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

AH! so Season 8-10, sort of like the Angel/Buffy crossover, at some points
Thanks! I'll start from the very beginning at the start of next year.

KyleC

Supporting Actor

I don't see how it's a spoiler since Sci Fi has been heavily promoting the fact that Carter is taking over for the past few months.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I've always wondered how those who are so spoiler averse that they don't even watch the "next on (insert show here)" avoid the various on air promos that can come on at any time. The fact that Carter is going to SG-A has been on almost every ad for the show that SCI FI has aired. Just curious.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Have they also been heavily promoting the fact that Weir is being written out of the show?

Nick

Second Unit
I never saw Stargate SG-1. Will I like it better than Atlantis ?
I googled around and saw something about SG-1 Continuum.
I saw the featurette about it on the site and at the end it said coming to DVD 2008. Is Continuum made for TV or Big screen theater?

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Personally, I've found SG-1 to be more satisfying than Atlantis. However, from my point of view, SG-1 didn't start out great right out of the gate (pun intended :) ). It did take a couple of years for the show to find its stride. Atlantis at first appeared as a dumbed-down version of SG-1, but maybe things will change this season. There was definitely some improvement during season 3 especially with former foes coming back and causing trouble.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The constant disasters and turmoil around the home base is getting tired. I suppose it's necessary with a smaller budget. I for one would prefer more off world explorations and interaction with other species, even though, for the most part they are humanoid. :)

Arild

Supporting Actor
Holy crap... That was an AWESOME way to start the season. Non-stop suspense from start to finish, a cliff-hanger which promises another exciting episode next week and very kick-ass visual effects. I'm impressed, and I was a pretty big fan of the show already.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Yep I liked it too. It was definitely non-stop. The story with Weir could be interesting.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think mccay is an extremely compelling character even outside of stargate/cult TV series status. i mean just in this episode alone he's like, "oh c'MON!" lol, i just see so much of the fallibility of myself in his character and i really identify with him in so many ways. it's rare to see such a character that i can readily identify with but mcckay is it =). he's also very human and i luv the actor playing him, just a great performer.

but having watched this made me really miss SG-1 =). you guys notice that they're finally going to let tapping grow long hair on this? perhaps she re-negotiated that part of the contract ;).

i haven't read any spoilers or know anything about future episodes, but my prediction is that torri will activate her nanites and she will become the leader of the new replicators. eventually, there'll be war @first and both replicators, wraith will rain down upon atlantis once again... but then torri will realize her human size or somn ridiculous like that and turn replicators onto wraith and wipe them out enough so that they're never a threat to pegasus anymore and then makes replicators a new ally to stargate team. that's how we'll see torri come back again and again.

just like SG-1 these 'villains' at first never truly go away, they'll appear/reappear again and again from here until season10 or somn of SGA =P. we'll just see new 'nifty' villains from hereon. no one villain will truly be destroyed.

anyway, when will the movies come out for SG-1?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks