What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season Three (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by EricW

question i've always wondered is, do the clone wars take alot from the EE, or for the most part are they making their own backstories? obviously they've taken alot from the Tartakovsky series since they're covering the same period, but what about historical stuff? like the Sisterhood, or was Bane the Bounty Hunter ever in anything else?

When they use elements from the Expanded Universe, it's mostly for the more detailed info on alien species or planets and they occasionally pull characters from it (like Greg said, the Nightsisters were from a novel but Cad Bane is new).

They do their best to avoid contradicting the EU but if there's a story they want to do and it conflicts with a book or comic, they do it. Since Lucasfilm knew that Episode III would open with the end of the Clone Wars, they allowed comic and novel writers to cover the war very thoroughly between the releases of AOTC and ROTS. With those tales, there's no sensible way to fit the cartoon into the established EU continuity (although I've read that LFL plans on putting everything into one timeline after the series ends and they can figure out the best way to put it all together).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Travis, do you remember a popular fan video that came out about 10 years ago featuring a lightsaber duel on a platform on a planet? I think it featured a Darth Bane. He's apparently big in the EU, but that's the only place I'd heard of him and I thought they came up with him. I think the combatants arrive by ship and then fight, with one using force lightning. I'd like to see it again, but my searches came up empty.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've never really watched any SW fan movies so I've got no clue. Some of the clips that I've seen at comic conventions (it's messed up that bootleggers even sell fan movies now) and starwars.com's fan video contests are really amazing when you realize that a couple guys with some costume making ability and editing software made them.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's just one of those memories from my internet childhood that drive me crazy for a while until I stumble upon them. If I think of it, I'll post it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The most recent episode was very good, and may even end up contributing to the overall mythology of the franchise. Of course, that will spark outrage among some who will call it retconning, but you can't please everyone, especially Star Wars fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks