What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season One (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Yup, only the Friday night premiere airing is in hi-def while the Sunday night reruns are in stretch mode. Very stupid to only have the show air in HD once, but I've got my DVR set for all the Friday night airings so I'm not too concerned about it.

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
Just watched the first three episodes. Pretty good overall. I like this Plo Koon dude. I hope there's more of him in the future. So regarding the "super-weapon" is it evolved into the Death Star gun? Interesting.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode was okay. Way too much recycling of OT dialogue and the ending was quite abrupt. But there were enjoyable moments too. The prototype Y-Wings were way cool.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The shots of clones in cockpits looked great. I guess since the clones were always CGI, they can look pretty real. I can't wait for some Padme next week.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

Thank god! I thought it was just me. I hated the fake HD for this. I can't figure out why they did this. Wasn't the movie released this summer (essentially 3 episodes back to back) in high def or at least wide screen? This looks like a 4:3 show that was stretched to fit the widescreen. I ended up zooming in on it and it looked much better. It eliminated most of the fish-eye part. I have DishHD. Is it just on that service or does it look like this on all HD services?

On the story front, these were great! Not as cool as the Genndy stuff from a few years ago but still really nice. Good story, good character moments, great visuals...why didn't they use the "secret weapon" 3 ep. arc instead of the horrible Ziro "Truman Capote" the Hutt ones? Boggles the mind. If it keeps up this level, this is some nice made-for-tv Star Wars.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think this week's episode was as good as the first two, but it wasn't terrible either. Just seemed like it didn't really go anywhere. I will agree that the CG Clones and ships looked great, however, and this show is really a treat to watch in HD. :emoji_thumbsup:

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Actually, its a mix of the the death star gun and the ion cannons from the the X-Wing Star Wars game for the PC. In the game a smaller version of the cannon is mounted on fighters and can suck power from enemy fighters.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Dwelling on minutiae, is there a correlation between the ion cannon of these episodes and the one used by the rebels in ESB? Do they serve the same function (knocking out power)?

I enjoyed the third episode. I like the way the series is developing.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Yep. And I think this mini-arc is clearly trying to show the "origin" of the Ion Cannon that we saw in ESB.

Ironically, the ANH-era Y-Wings have a twin ion-cannon mounted on the top of the cockpit.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Oh, if only Comcast in Boston carried Cartoon Network in HD.

(At least the standard-def version still looks pretty good and is in widescreen.)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My cable company's main office is located in my city, about two miles from my house, and they passed out some fliers recently announcing all the wonderful new HD channels--including Cartoon (and Sci-Fi, I believe)--that they would be adding . . . in the next city over! WTF? "We'll roll out these channels to other suburbs very soon!" It's been months now.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yup, you've got the novels Jedi Trial and Yoda: Dark Rendezvous taking place immediately before the sequence in the Tartakovsky series where Anakin gains his Jedi Knighthood, which is then followed by the story-arc "The Dreadnaughts of Rendili" (issues #69-71 in the SW: Republic comics), where he obtains his facial scar from Asajj Ventress.

The new film/TV series is set at some point not long after these tales, where Anakin can now take on an apprentice of his own, roughly six months before the events of Episode III. Wondering how they're going to deal with Ahsoka Tano's final fate -- she either has to die in the next six or so months, leave the Jedi Order, leave Anakin for another Master, or somehow survive "Order 66," yet also be offscreen between the start of the Outer Rim Sieges and when the Battle of Coruscant occurs in the third movie.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed that episode the most of any so far this young season. Very entertaining. :emoji_thumbsup:

Oh, and the person that did the voice of Padme sounded almost identical to Natalie Portman at times.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am really enjoying this series. The voice actors really seem to be very close to their live action counterparts. As a recent visitor to London. I enjoyed the "Mind the gap" announcement when they got off the transport train.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks