What's new

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" Season 1 coming to Blu-ray in 2009 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd say now nobody can complain since they say that a Blu-ray is coming but since it's Star Wars, I'm sure there will be lots of "I hate you Luca$!!!!!!".
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe_G

Second Unit
I think what he's referring to is that SW :TCW vol.1 is only being released on DVD only in march. We won't see vol.1 on BD until the entire set of season one is released later this year. So if you're wanting this on blu, you have to wait until fall anyway.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...I thought the link made it perfectly clear, but this is what I'm talking about: I've bolded it in the 1st post to head off confusion.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

Yes I am buying the full season set at the end of the year.

I am just wondering why LFL are releasing only 4 episodes this time and not more ?

Any ideas ?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Just to be clear, they're not releasing 4 eps on Blu-ray, but instead waiting to release the full season. The DVD is 4 eps because that's a feature-length disc. IIRC, the earlier (hand-drawn) "Clone Wars" series did the same thing.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The hand-drawn series was released in two collections, each collecting a season. I was hoping this release would speed the Tartokovsky animated series BD release, because I am interested in purchasing that. I'll assume no news on that is bad news.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
That news would come from Fox, anyhoo, unless the rights to the series, having originally been produced for Cartoon Network, would in some way revert to WB after a certain period of time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see the announcement that the season set is coming. Just like with Peter Jackson's extended LOTR editions, fans can buy now or wait for the larger set. Nice to be kept officially informed of what's coming.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Additionally, a 4 episode SD DVD hits a nice price-point for parents looking to pick their child up a gift. The time frame for this 4 episode disc looks to be positioned to take advantage of Easter gift giving.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Knowing WB's history of only Dolby Digital audio tracks on their Blu-rays, it is safe to assume that the set will be in Dolby Digital 5.1. I would like to be nicely surprised with Dolby TrueHD audio, however.

Is there any confirmation on the Blu-ray audio?

Eric F

Screenwriter
That's good, now let's hope the AR is correct. I suspect we'll get the 1.78, instead of the correct 2.35. If so I won't be picking it up.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Eric F ">[/url]

That's good, now let's hope the AR is correct. I suspect we'll get the 1.78, instead of the correct 2.35. If so I won't be picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks