What's new

Star Wars the Clone Wars 2008 (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
That doesn't surprise me, as the TV series is scheduled to start in November. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if an earlier date got announced to coincide with the series start.

King Jeff

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Beber
This is just wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be great if the DVD re-release happened to coincide with the Blu-ray Release of the whole saga?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I know people didn't care for the art.
I know people didn't care for the film.
However, I think HT'ers will go nuts for the 3D pop of this release!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If you look at the thread in the Movies section, it seems like a number of people who actually saw the movie liked it well enough. However, lots of people just based their opinion of the movie on a trailer or a review from CHUD.

Brad M

Second Unit
I have always loved Star Wars but after the last 3 movies was ready for a break and was not looking forward to Clone Wars even a little. My 6 yr. old son insisted I take him him to see it and never let up. I was very surprised at how much I liked it and will happily buy the BluRay!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Count me as one who found the film a pleasant diversion. Would have loved to see it in digital projection, but no such luck. I actually liked the art.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
, but there were actually less things I disliked about 'Clone Wars' than the prequels. For one thing, the 'acting' is better. :laugh:

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
By posting "people" I didn't say "everyone".
"People" doesn't mean every human being on the planet! ;-)
However, I'm glad 'people' (p.i.) took it that way & show a little luv for this flick.
I myself, was entertained.

I still say even tho this was not a huge hit at the box office (55 mil*); it will do well on HDM.

Bring on more 3D CGI!!! :)

* Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I thought this was supposed to be the first 3 episodes broadcast of the new Clone Wars series?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
According to the synopsis for the first two episodes, it's not but I'd guess that the movie will eventually be run as four episodes at some point in time. The good news is that I doubt you'll need to see the movie to follow the episodes. About the only thing you may need to know is that Anakin now has a padawan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks