What's new

Star Wars in Trouble? (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Star Wars in Trouble?
STAR WARS director GEORGE LUCAS and actor EWAN MCGREGOR have sparked speculation that the latest movie in the series has been hit by a serious problem.
The reports began when the pair mysteriously reappeared at London's EALING FILM STUDIOS after industry insiders had assumed the new episode ATTACK OF THE CLONES had already wrapped.
A sequel to THE PHANTOM MENACE, the movie was shot in London, Seville, Spain, and Australia, and is due to hit cinemas in Spring 2002.
According to London's EVENING STANDARD newspaper, an Ealing studio worker says, "I couldn't believe it when I turned up and bumped into George Lucas, and then there was Ewan.
"It means that there is some sort of trouble. They could be redubbing it also."

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It's called post-production.
rolleyes.gif

Moving to Movies...
- Steve

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
It's just pickup shots.
Basically they have a production schedule for the actual bulk of all shooting. They also have time set aside weeks or even months later to reshoot a scene or scenes incase something is actaully needed to be reworked or if it didnt turn out ok the first time. Same thing happened on Episode 1. No biggie here.
------------------
Travis -- "Contrary to popular belief, Travis Hedger, DID NOT infact invent DVD. He was just a very enthusiastic fan!!!"

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
they only finished the last one a few weeks before its release so I can imagine so remaining work with the real bits even now.
Indeed, George Lucas always works until the last minute even with Episodes IV, V and VI.
Just another case of the media getting it wrong.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Big trouble, indeed... I heard a nasty rumor that a couple of the actors were required to do MORE THAN ONE TAKE on certain shots! And that some laughter was heard around the set when someone made what is being called by inside souces a "mistake!"
Not only that, but Ewan is reported to have taken a moment off the set to read his script and attempt to LEARN HIS LINES!!
Shocking...

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I wouldn't call the source of this article credible media let alone part of the so-called "media". Its garbage in, garbage out.
I'm not sure if I'm being the target of this remark, if it's Infobeat, or if it's Infobeat's source on this arcticle, "London's EVENING STANDARD newspaper". Hopefully, it's the latter, and I have no idea what their reputation is.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Indeed, understand that it is British nature to assume the worst at any given time. :)
Dan (UK)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
I've been using Infobeat for most of the news I post on my own website. Most of the articles I've seen are from outside sources, such as The Associate Press or Reuters for "hard" news, Variety for entertainment news, and other similar sources. I visit some of these sources on the web directly, and frequently see backup of the articles I get from Infobeat.
I wouldn't consider Infobeat to be a "source". They are more like a reposter; they take news from other sources, condense it a bit, and re-post it through their own site or emails.
------------------
-Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
swouttakes.jpg

Join the JJR512.com Genome@home Team and help cure what ails you. (Click here for more info.)
Contact me: [email protected] | ICQ: 52675695 | Private Message

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
If I recall in the Ep. 1 documentary, after the principal photography, there was a sequence of Additional shooting, namely the scene with Ewan and Frank Oz (you don't need me!) conferring the Jedi Knight title onto him. So this is just another trip back into the studio again, fairly standard stuff.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
quote: Big trouble, indeed... I heard a nasty rumor that a couple of the actors were required to do MORE THAN ONE TAKE on certain shots! [/quote]Not only that, but the editorial department has apparently trimmed 1000s of feet of virtual film, and some of the blue and green sets were considered so unattractive that they will be replacing them with expensive computer graphics. Scandal! :)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA
[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on October 25, 2001 at 02:46 PM]

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
That must mean that 98% of hollywood movies are in trouble. BEACAUSE THEY ALMOST ALL DO ADR AND PICK UP SHOTS!!!
Stupid media........
------------------
If I could go back in time, I'd meet Snoopy

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
According to the next Anakin Skywalker, apparently Lucas is doing some "fine tuning" to the story.This from an article in "USA Today" that Hayden Christensen flies to London next week to shoot some additional scenes.
From what I've heard, they viewed the romantic scenes and they sucked ass. On this one, though, Lucas saw he made a mistake and decided to concentrate on those scenes for the reshoot.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist

RicP

Screenwriter
That explains why 98% of Hollywood movies are poor.
confused.gif
So....any film that fails to get perfect source dialog recorded and uses ADR to replace it is poor? What a wonderful generalization. I guess you only watch films shot by hand on DigiCam?
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks