What's new

Star Wars fans please read (question about novels) (1 Viewer)

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Something else about the underrated (smirk) Timothy Zahn novels, as far I've seen, they're the only ones with names that would work as Episode titles. Think about it...
STAR
WARS
EPISODE VII
HEIR TO THE EMPIRE
Gives me the chills...

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Shadows of the Empire is set between ESB and ROTJ, and is pretty good.
I didn't see where anyone mentioned the comic books Dark Empire and Dark Empire II, which first dealt with the concept of the Emperor being cloned. They are available in graphic novel format, since the comics themselves are pretty scarce these days.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey, I just want to thank all you guys again. I had no idea I'd get this many responses, but I'm glad I did!!!
Later,
Marshall

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
well that's what i get for trying to show off, that and i couldn't remember the precise release dates of Heir to the Empire and TIE Fighter :p
Hmm anyway, I liked the Dark Empire series, i initially shyed away from them because of the emperor reborn, but I eventually read them once it was apparent they were in the canon for good, they were pretty damn good. :) I finished Edge of Victory II: Rebirth and it's absolutely fantastic. I"m defintily going to have to read some greg keyes's other work. He nailed anakin dead on, really gave a great boost to Tahiri's character (one of my favorite underdeveloped characters), got all the solo kids right (love the jaina/kyp relationship), and blew me away with Mara and Luke's dynamics (Han and Leia's as well). There is so much great stuff going on in Rebirth, I was practically having hysterics of happiness in teh last hundred pages. :D Spoiler:
I loved Anakin's first kiss, so sue me I'm a hopeless romantic. :)
And of course there was Ben, both of them, just so long as no one else breaks TZ's fading Ben out, it was appropriate this one time for that single momentus occasion, but that's it!
Adam :)

Real Name
Aslean DeShaw
Hey Marshall, If your looking to get some SW books, I've got a whole stack you can have (Make that about ten stacks). Everything from the novels to reference books. I was going to give them to Goodwill but I'd be happier to give them to someone who really wants them. Everything's in mint condition so it's not like I'm offering garage sale junk (I'm kind of a stickler about caring for books).
They're free to anyone who wants them. Just send me an e-mail with what your looking for because chances are I've got it.
[email protected]
Oz

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks