What's new

'Star Wars: Episode VII' will take place 30 years after 'Return of the Jedi' (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
So do I attempt to avoid all photo/video/trailers ? or...

Suddenly it feels like 1997 all over again :) Build-up!!!! I expect a little more apprehension this time though!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Being a member of a fan website means I'm going to have a heck of a time remaining totally spoiler free. :lol:

However, seeing the original gang in costume again is going to make my year. Hope they tease us with some photos soon.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Simon Massey said:
So do I attempt to avoid all photo/video/trailers ? or...
I would imagine that all the stuff coming from LFL will pretty much spoiler free (in terms of plot anyway). It's the losers with nothing better than to spoil the movie for others by openly posting things like "LUKE SKYWALKOR DYES IN NEW STAR WERS MOVIe" that I fear.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I could see Abrams doing it just to mess with the fans. But I can't imagine Jar Jar being able to live with the knowledge he helped give Palpatine the power that ultmately gave rise to the Empire. ;)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ronald Epstein said:

Yes, but more like Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hammill
I can't help bit wonder if their appearance won't be a little disappointing. The years have passed. If they do appear, I presume it will be in cameo appearances.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Johnny Angell said:
I can't help bit wonder if their appearance won't be a little disappointing. The years have passed. If they do appear, I presume it will be in cameo appearances.
But if it takes 30 years later it would at least be what one would expect (at least for ordinary individuals in our galaxy in whom the force is sort of more or less average).

Never mind.

Cinescott

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Johnny Angell said:
Carrie Fisher has said she'll be in London for 6 months. Sounds like more than a cameo to me.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
WillG said:
Having a broken heart is genetic?!
Putting aside whether it's actually possible to "die of a broken heart", that was completely out of character for Padme, who was up til then a very strong character. It would have been far better for her to actually die from injuries received from Anakin. I can't understand why Lucas would have considered THAT going too far after Anakin had already lightsabered a bunch of kids.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Aaron Silverman said:
I heard that Leia dies in childbirth while having Han's twins. It's genetic.
That doesn't sound right considering that we're thirty years removed from Return of the Jedi. Leia is in her sixties, too old for her character to be pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks