What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Can we give that wretched unfunny joke a rest? This has little to do with the new movie anyway...

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
DanH1972 said:
Jeez! With a list like that I really have no faith in Hollywood anymore, especially for summer movies. Does no one in this industry have any imagination??
There are occasionally summer movies with originality and imagination that aren't sequels, but they're rare.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
783907211067529871.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
:rolleyes: star wars 7 with tom cruise scientology in it. This is going to be a disaster.

Is there any other decent sci-fi due around December 2015 other than star wars 7?

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
andySu said:
:rolleyes: star wars 7 with tom cruise scientology in it. This is going to be a disaster.

Is there any other decent sci-fi due around December 2015 other than star wars 7?

Though Cruise has been thoroughly brainwashed by that made up cult (and I feel sorry for the bloke in that regard) and is a bit quirky, he does give his all in whatever project he's a part of (I think Born on the Fourth of July is still a powerful war drama and Cruise was excellent). You can't take that away from him. He won't derail the movie just by his mere presence... a bad directorial job by J.J., mediocre acting, and a lousy script can do that. Just remember Star Wars' creator made the prequels and tinkered with the original trilogy... and look how that turned out...

[shudder]

Oh, and I plan on renting Edge of Tomorrow when it's released on video (it was pulled from my local theater before I had a chance to watch it). Who knows, if it's good, I might even buy it. Besides, Emily Blunt is always welcome in my home. :D

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
andySu said:
It's the Sun newspaper, i think that says it all with regards to accuracy of information and truthfulness. :lol:

I think Tom Cruise makes some pretty good movies, i always enjoy them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Also in that article on starwars.com linked above,
In August, the team will take a brief two-week hiatus while adjustments to the current production schedule are made as actor Harrison Ford recovers from a leg injury. Harrison is doing well and is looking forward to returning to the set soon. Shooting remains on track to wrap in the fall with the film scheduled for release on December 18, 2015.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
SamT said:
Kevin Smith's 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Set Visit: Director Explains What He Saw

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kevin-smiths-star-wars-episode-716843
Regarding Kevin Smith doing a testimonial here, Disney isn't stupid. They know the brand is totally fine as-is -- there's a billion kids who were in grade school when the Prequels were hitting and like them just fine and watch the cartoons and all that, and that's more than enough to keep making money.

But if they pull off giving the neckbeards who're still marathoning that fucking Red Letter Media gripefest on a weekly basis the "Return of Star Wars" emotion-rush they were "denied" in '99, they've now basically got favorable coverage and goodwill for the duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks