What's new

Star Wars Animated Comedy Series (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
How many reincarnations of Star Wars can we expect from George Lucas? Besides the six live action films he has under his belt, the director and his LucasFilms Animation will team up with the folks behind Cartoon Network’s “Robot Chicken” for a new TV series. We’re not talking about “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” this will be an animated comedy that will put a new twist on the intergalactic franchise.
According to THR, LucasFilms Animation made an official announcement earlier today regarding their latest Star Wars-based venture. The series will focus on the “comedic aspects of the galaxy far, far away,” with a creative team that will include Seth Green and Matthew Senreich from “Robot Chicken” and Brendan Hay
http://screencrave.com/2010-04-05/star-wars-to-become-an-animated-comedy-series/

Note that the date on this story is April 5--not April 1.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a great idea. As someone who read lots and lots of Star Wars stuff, I can say that one of (if not) the biggest mistake made is that the stories almost always have a tendency to take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously. There used to be a comic book series called Star Wars Tales where they'd just tell any story that they'd like and some of the most memorable stories from that were out-of-continuity comedic tales.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'm really disappointed in this. Boy was I hoping for a more adult series placed either before the prequels or between III and IV. I don't think a live action series will be financially feasible. I know story is the most important part, but c'mon, it's STAR WARS! You do need to have some cool special effects and this new animated series would have been perfect for this.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
A live action Star Wars series that takes place between episodes III and IV is still happening. Its been in the works for years. I don't know how far along it is now but there has been no indication that its been canceled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks