Star Wars Animated Comedy Series

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Greg_S_H, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    http://screencrave.com/2010-04-05/star-wars-to-become-an-animated-comedy-series/

Note that the date on this story is April 5--not April 1.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I think this is a great idea. As someone who read lots and lots of Star Wars stuff, I can say that one of (if not) the biggest mistake made is that the stories almost always have a tendency to take themselves waaaaaaay too seriously. There used to be a comic book series called Star Wars Tales where they'd just tell any story that they'd like and some of the most memorable stories from that were out-of-continuity comedic tales.

3. Bob_S.

Bob_S. Supporting Actor

I'm really disappointed in this. Boy was I hoping for a more adult series placed either before the prequels or between III and IV. I don't think a live action series will be financially feasible. I know story is the most important part, but c'mon, it's STAR WARS! You do need to have some cool special effects and this new animated series would have been perfect for this.

4. ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum Second Unit

A live action Star Wars series that takes place between episodes III and IV is still happening. Its been in the works for years. I don't know how far along it is now but there has been no indication that its been canceled.