What's new

Star Wars Action Figures Thread? (1 Viewer)

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
For news or updates on Star Wars collectibles I either go to http://www.rebelscum.com or http://www.sirstevesguide.com both are great with up to date news and pictures on all the stuff out and coming out.
I found a Bwing on Ebay for $40 bucks and picked it up. It is awsome. I love how the cockpit swings with gravity and the wings open and close.
The Tie Bomber is so awsome. I love the detail, the little plastic bombs, and the free action figure. I still think all the vehicles should come with action figures. That is one thing I don't like about the new Episode II vehicles.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, Hasbro toys would like to present Anakin's new speeder!!! It's got absolutely nothing!!!
What were they thinking? :frowning:

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Amen Brother. I did not even pick it up, I was not too impressed. Also from what I have heard people are having a problem fitting the Episode II action figures in the vehicles. What's up with that?

In other notes. I have a chance to pick up a 12" Luke and Speeder bike for $40. Should I do it?

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Pay your bills, please your wife, and put the kids to bed. And if you've got fourty bucks left over, use it.
What about space to display and/or store it?
My collection got so large I had to first stop collecting the 12" scale, followed by vehicles, and now so large just with 3 3/4 inch figures that I'll have to open them all. :frowning:

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
No wife, no kids, bills paid but the space is getting short. My goal this summer is to finish my basement so that I can move my collection down there. My house is really starting to look like a Star Wars museum. Oh by the way I picked up the 12" Luke and Speederbike. Just had to have it. :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Oh by the way I picked up the 12" Luke and Speederbike. Just had to have it.
There needs to be a two-step program to collecting named after you.
Step One: Pay the bills
Step Two: Spend leftover money
Hey, I'm more than happy to take some things off your hand to make room for other stuff. :D
I'm doing great, figure collecting wise. The only rare ones I lack are Luke Duel, Vader Duel, Chancellor Palpatine, and that new Han Solo one.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
I received the Chancellor Palpatine last week from yestertoys.com. I think this is my new favorite AOTC figure. The perfect head sculpt and interlocked fingers look so cool. They gave him a bad case of chicken pox though.

Also, why did they include a Gensonian warrior with Massif? Wasn't Massif the doglike creature on Tatooine with the Tusken Raiders? I'm still tring to figure that one out.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Hey if any one else is interested in the 12" Luke and speeder bike it is available at http://www.target.com
I also ask the question of Massif. My only guess is that they wanted to include a figure with it and they did not want to include a Tusken Raider. It is kind of wierd though. Those Massifs sure get around must be the most popular pet in the universe.
I think the rest of these figures will start showing up in the stores in about a month or so. The one figure that will be hard to find though will be that dang bloody hand luke. For some reason Hasbro feels that they must be politically correct on their action figures and not include blood. Did you hear they also did this with Dexter Jexter and removed the pipe that originally came with him. I guess when you are collecting toys you have to deal with parents of the kids that actually play with the toys. I still think they should make a WalMart version for Kids and a collectors version for the rest of us.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
On the massif: Evidently, there is a deleted scene that takes place while Obi-Wan is snooping around Geonosis, where he gets attacked by a massif, and that's where the figure comes from.
Word has it that a Tusken Raider with Massif two-pack is on the way.
Regarding bloody Luke: My opinion on that is that they're just trying to be as accurate as possible with it. We don't really see any blood in the movie so it's not necessary on the figure. I've got the bloody version, and I like it, but it wouldn't bother me if I had one of the other variations.
Regarding Dexter's pipe: I think the lack of it has more to do with the fact that A)It's not in the film at all, and B)Its a very tiny accessory which a lot of people would lose two seconds after they opened it up, anyway.
There are these running changes which kind of seem like they're done to be more PC, but I think they're done to really be more accurate with everything. It would be hard for me to accuse Hasbro of bowing to political-correctness when they've just released an action figure of a human character with a removable head, which is by far the most macabre thing I've ever seen from Kenner/Hasbro in my 20+ years of collecting Star Wars toys. . .
-mwb-, Hasbro Apologist :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Besides Comic Book Guy-type characters, are there any places where I can get an Expanded Universe character (eg. Kyle Katarn) for less than 30 bucks?

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. Oh boy, am I in trouble. Even though the rent for my apartment is not due till the first of July, I went overboard shopping for figures today. Got ten of them!!! Damn, I'm stupid. :laugh:

David King

Stunt Coordinator
smiley_stupid.gif
We all know the feeling. I remember being pissed that I had to pay $50 for 5 of those EU figures. They have since went up a little.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I think I have a defective Count Dooku figure. All the illustrations show him as looking mean, but the eyebrows on my Dooku figure are backwards, giving him a worried look. Does anybody else know about this?

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
You must have your Yoda figure placed close to the Count Dooku figure. Move the Yoda figure away and the eyebrows should return to normal. :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Whoa David! That's a damn nice smilie you got there. It wasn't working earlier. But that's pretty funny. :laugh:
You must have your Yoda figure placed close to the Count Dooku figure. Move the Yoda figure away and the eyebrows should return to normal.
That's creepy, because when I rearranged my figures, they were next to each other. Hmmmmm.....
I didn't get a bloody Luke as some of you claim, but I sure as hell got an Anakin Skywalker with bloody, chopped Geonosian. :)

KyleK

Second Unit
I have a couple questions about Yestertoys:

-How much is the shipping? I couldn't find it on the site.

-What exactly is the difference between *mint* and *non-mint*?

Thanks,

Kyle

David King

Stunt Coordinator
I have a couple questions about Yestertoys:
I think its $5.80. My last order last week was for 6 figures. I recall that is what the charge was the time before that also with 4 figs. It may be a flat charge for figures no matter how many you order. I imagine they will charge more for vehicles but I'm not sure. They do tell during checkout. I just added something to my shopping cart and hit the checkout button and it told me the shipping, you may want to try it, it automaticly logs me in so I can't tell for sure.
mint vs. non-mint. Mint = waste of $1 IMO. Of the 6 things I ordered, 5 were carded AOTC figures. Djas Puhr, Endor Rebel Soldier, Palpatine, and Non-bloody :frowning: Luke were all a dead C9 near mint easily (flawless fronts, only light stress lines on the back where the bubble was pressed on). My Bespin Vader was the only one I would consider slightly damaged with a crease up the right side of the card where the bubble was pressed on (I would give it a C8 rating). This was my 4th order with this store, The Vader was by far the worst, all the rest were near mint (about 18 figures total I think). I bet it is possible to get one worse than that if it arrives to them in bad condition.
Just don't expect any customer service as it takes them a few days to respond to e-mails and your order will normally ship the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks