What's new

Star Wars Action Figures Thread? (1 Viewer)

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Had to bump
http://www.yestertoys.com/
Yestertoys has some of the latest waves at very reasonable prices (4th and 5th pages of the Episode 2 figures). $7.25 non-mint and $8.25 for mint. I have used this store many times, very fast shipping. If your local stores are anything like mine, these figures may never even hit the shelves because of all the first releases piled up.
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
Qui Gon Jinn Jedi Master
Mace Windu Genosian Rescue
Jango Fett Final Battle
Djas Puhr Alien Bounty
Endor Rebel Soldier
Vader Bespin Duel
Luke Bespin Duel

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody else think that the vehicles are a letdown for this prequel trilogy. No cool AT-AT walkers this time. :frowning:

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I think the coolest vehicle is Slave 1, it's awesome. But yeah, the Jedi Starfighter and Speeders aren't that good. I wish they would have came out with a Clone Trooper Gunship.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Dome try e-bay. They seem to run around 70 bucks.

Does anyone have the Luke with the bloody stump? I just paid 50 dollars for one, I hope it is worth it in the long run.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
I have not seen the bloody stump version. The ones we have out here are the non bloody ones. Found a Tie bomber and Snowspeeder this weekend at Walmart. Remember to always look up when at Walmart they seem to want to put these on the top shelves. The Tie Bomber is awsome. The snowspeeder is ok but the way it is displayed is great and the actuall reason I bought it. It might end up being the only vehicle I don't open or I might find a way to open it but keep it in the diaroma display.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

Someday I will be able to spell. Picked up the B-wing on Ebay yesterday. $40 I thought that was an ok deal. I regret not buying it the past when I had the chance.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Mike,
I wasn't ribbing you on your spelling. I was actually quoting Ralph from the Simpsons. :)
I am not even sure how to spell it myself. :D
-Dean-

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Is that from the episode when Bart works in the Comic book store?
I'm not sure, but I think it's the one where Lisa is competing with another "Know-it-All" and decides to sabotage her diorama entry. There are a few good quotes in that one, mainly by Ralph, who enters a box of sealed Star Wars figures not knowing what a diorama is.

"Ah, I bent my Wookie"

"My cats breath smells like cat food."

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
I wish they would have came out with a Clone Trooper Gunship.
This is available for preorder at Walmart's website
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...55&bti=0&sb=61
They also have an arena battle playset available.
Also I can't believe how much the bloody stump Luke is going for. I was lucky enough to get one at TRU one day. I felt bad b/c my friend and I went to TRU at lunch one day, we both got the Vader, but they only had one Luke. So he let me get it (neither one of us knew about the variation). I felt guilty when I saw what they were going for on ebay. I would never sell it, but its neat to have such a popular variation.
Finally, I saw on sirstevesguide.com that Target and Walmart are cutting the price on figures to $4.99.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
The Republic Gunship is gonna rock, no doubts there. Probably the best original vehicle they've done in a long damn time--at least in the 2 1/2 years since they released the Queen's Royal Starship from Episode I.

Be aware, though--the Gunship is kinda only gonna be like 98% complete when its released this fall:

Its gonna be released without the little clear gunner bubbles on the wings. In order to get those gunner bubbles, you're gonna have to buy one of the new yellow Clone Trooper pilot/gunner figures, which is going to have the gunner bubble packed in with it. And of course, to make it look right, you'll have to buy two. No pictures yet of the figure, but we should be seeing something anytime now.

With the Gunship and the big-ass Arena playset, its really kind of taking me back to the Kenner heydays back in 1978-1985, when big ships and big playsets were the norm, rather than the exception. And hopefully, with really reasonable pricetags ($40 each, I believe), they'll sell well, which might open the way to other big ships and playsets for Episode II and III. . .

-mwb-

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
The Republic Gunship sounds awsome. Looks like I am going to have to add that on my list to buy. I don't know if I will be getting the arena playset though. I am starting to run low on room in my house for Star Wars stuff and that playset looks huge. I think I just need to complete the ultimate Star Wars basement and move everything down there. The Tie Bomber is the Bomb. It is definitely worth buying. If you have the means definitely pick one up. I am also looking forward to the 12 " Zuckuss and Dengar this Year, the R2 robot and the Imperial Shuttle. It is going to get expensive but I can't wait.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, it looks so cool. But on the box, it says that it is the first time Hasbro has ever released it. Is that true?
Now, if I can just get my hands on a B-Wing and an AT-AT walker.....
Or Dash Rendar's outrider. :frowning:

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Oh man, it looks so cool. But on the box, it says that it is the first time Hasbro has ever released it. Is that true?
Yeah. This year's TIE Bomber is the first 3 3/4" scale TIE Bomber ever produced. There were other TIE Bombers produced in other smaller scales in years past, like the fairly-rare Kenner die-cast version in the early 80's, and Galoob made one for their Action Fleet line several years ago (and probably did one in their MicroMachine scale as well).

Their new ships are so much better than all of the rehashes of old molds they've mostly used since the 1995 comeback. The TIE Bomber, the Power F/X X-Wing, Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and the new Episode II Slave I and Republic Gunship are all great examples of what they can do when they set out to create an all-new vehicle instead of cheaping out by using the old molds. . .

-mwb-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks