What's new

star war holiday special (1 Viewer)

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
The special as a whole was pretty terrible, but the Boba Fett cartoon wasn't bad (even though it contradicts the movies somewhat). I would love to see the short as an extra on DVDs of either Clone Wars, Droids or Ewoks.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
The special as a whole was pretty terrible, but the Boba Fett cartoon wasn't bad (even though it contradicts the movies somewhat). I would love to see the short as an extra on DVDs of either Clone Wars, Droids or Ewoks.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Never mind the out of place guest stars. I would like to know what idiot came up with the idea of having this special open with scenes of Wookies puttering about doing nothing that an audience could comprehend go on and on for almost ten solid minutes!

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Never mind the out of place guest stars. I would like to know what idiot came up with the idea of having this special open with scenes of Wookies puttering about doing nothing that an audience could comprehend go on and on for almost ten solid minutes!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That album has nothing to do with the Holiday Special, although it does feature a young Jon Bon Jovi!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That album has nothing to do with the Holiday Special, although it does feature a young Jon Bon Jovi!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
OOF. It's a chore. I have this on VHS and DVD. It's readily available at cons. Just be sure to get the one with the old '70's commercials-- they're mind-boggling. The South Park Xmas episode with the "Fighting the Frizzies" bumpers came right from this.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
OOF. It's a chore. I have this on VHS and DVD. It's readily available at cons. Just be sure to get the one with the old '70's commercials-- they're mind-boggling. The South Park Xmas episode with the "Fighting the Frizzies" bumpers came right from this.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I like it and I want it itact on DVD! I loved Leia's singing and I appreciated Bea Arthur being introduced into the Star Wars Universe. I want this on DVD big time as well as the Ewok movies and cartoons plus the Droids cartoon. As a fan of Star Wars I want it and all of those projects I mentioned in this topic are much more superior than Episode I and II in quality and special effects as well as likability.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I like it and I want it itact on DVD! I loved Leia's singing and I appreciated Bea Arthur being introduced into the Star Wars Universe. I want this on DVD big time as well as the Ewok movies and cartoons plus the Droids cartoon. As a fan of Star Wars I want it and all of those projects I mentioned in this topic are much more superior than Episode I and II in quality and special effects as well as likability.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
One has to remember the context. The 70s was an age of cheese-o-riffic variety shows. Donny & Marie, Sonny & Cher, The Bradys...that's all this really is. A bunch of musical numbers and comedy sketches with a loose plot as a linking device.

When viewed with that in mind...

...okay, it's still horrible. ;)

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
One has to remember the context. The 70s was an age of cheese-o-riffic variety shows. Donny & Marie, Sonny & Cher, The Bradys...that's all this really is. A bunch of musical numbers and comedy sketches with a loose plot as a linking device.

When viewed with that in mind...

...okay, it's still horrible. ;)

Dave Farley

Second Unit

Am I understanding you correctly? You feel things like the Holiday Special are superior to Episodes I and II?:D The prequels aren't nearly as good as the OT in my opinion but the Holiday Special?;)

I have it and it took every ounce of strength I have to make it through. For me it was one of those things that I knew I had to watch once but I kept having to tell myself "just a few more minutes, just a few more minutes and it will all be over." I couldn't get it out of there fast enough.

Dave Farley

Second Unit

Am I understanding you correctly? You feel things like the Holiday Special are superior to Episodes I and II?:D The prequels aren't nearly as good as the OT in my opinion but the Holiday Special?;)

I have it and it took every ounce of strength I have to make it through. For me it was one of those things that I knew I had to watch once but I kept having to tell myself "just a few more minutes, just a few more minutes and it will all be over." I couldn't get it out of there fast enough.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be funny to release this with a Carrie Fisher commentary...she has the best dry sense of humor, and it would be akin to watching a MST2K episode. :D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be funny to release this with a Carrie Fisher commentary...she has the best dry sense of humor, and it would be akin to watching a MST2K episode. :D

Tory

Real Name
Tory

I go for that commentary track with Carrie Fisher,but give us an all Wookie one too!

Let's see, I would put it over Episode I which I put over Episode II. (Portman had more sexual chemistry with the kid who was a better act than whazhizname)As for the Original trilogy(As originally presented, the new Yoda is a disgrace to Henson), they are better than the Christmas Special as are the Ewok films and the cartoons were of equal standing, they were a bit of a disappointment though as I had always hoped for an animated Star Wars series much like the wonderful Marvel Star Wars comic book, it would have made so much more sense than the actual cartoons...I'm still holding out hope though.

Tory

Real Name
Tory

I go for that commentary track with Carrie Fisher,but give us an all Wookie one too!

Let's see, I would put it over Episode I which I put over Episode II. (Portman had more sexual chemistry with the kid who was a better act than whazhizname)As for the Original trilogy(As originally presented, the new Yoda is a disgrace to Henson), they are better than the Christmas Special as are the Ewok films and the cartoons were of equal standing, they were a bit of a disappointment though as I had always hoped for an animated Star Wars series much like the wonderful Marvel Star Wars comic book, it would have made so much more sense than the actual cartoons...I'm still holding out hope though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks