What's new

Star Trek Voyager (1 Viewer)

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I know when Voyager first came out it was twice the price it is now, but was wondering if the current $50.00 price will ever come down to a more reasonable
$35.00 to $40.00 !
I keep a close eye on it at Amazon but stays at a steady $50.00 !!

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
OK, Let me put this in a question form !

Has anyone ever seen the seasons of Voyager cheaper than $50.00 anywhere ?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

I saw Seasons 1-3 available for $39.95 used once at Gamestop locally. Other than that, no. BTW, when Voyager first "streeted" the MSRP was $139.95. (And many B&M retailers were actually asking for this price!) So $50.00 per season will not garner much sympathy around here!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This was posted in the wrong forum area. It has been moved.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
If they ever lower the price on ANY of the Star Trek series I'll buy em in a heartbeat. In the meantime I'll continue collecting other Series!:cool:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I been waiting for them to come down some more myself. All the Star Trek series... I never seen too much of any of them (never seen DS9 or Voyager at all)... I suspect other then finding them used here and there cheaply I will be out of luck.

So far I only have some of the original vol. releases of the original series and the first 2 seasons of TNG.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Of course you can always "Bite the Bullet" and save money until you can $plurge. (As I did earlier this month with Sky King!) :D

hispro

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Whited
Actually, amazon.com does occasionally drop the price of Voyager, as well as the other Star Trek series down to $34.95 every now and then. But you have to act fast, as they usually only last at that price for about a week if that. I bought Seasons 5 and 7 back in October when they dropped down, and Season 4 during the last drop in January. Wish I would have picked up Season 6 now, and I would have the complete collection.

It's just a matter of waiting and keeping your eye out for it. They should be due to drop again, if they keep up the regular schedule like they have been.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to watch Amazon more carefully for those brief price drops. I've got $700 worth of Next Gen in my collection, but will never pay prices like that again.

$50 a season really isn't bad, but if I can snag them at $34.95, even better. Caught about 90% of the episodes last summer on one of the cable channels, but it would be nice to see the extra 4-5 minutes edited from each one, and obviously much better picture quality.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I bought most of DS9 at Best Buy street date prices of around $100. I got a couple cheaper on eBay (new/sealed). Same with TNG. I'd like to have Voyager, but I'm also waiting for it to drop to at least that $34.95 level.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
One thing you guys need to keep in mind is that -- except for Season One -- each Season of Voyager included 26 Episodes. Most other science fiction shows (Babylon 5/Farscape/Stargate/BSG) produced between 20 to 22 episodes per season.

I admit that I was on here screaming to high heaven at the initial $139.95 per season price (usually discounted to $89.95 during the first week of distribution); but the $50 per season price seems about right considering the content.

I guess a lot of sci-fi fans (me included) have been spoiled by the recent $19.95/season discounted prices for Stargate SG-1 and Babylon 5!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Well... I am now a step closer on Star Trek: The Next Generation... A friend of mine that is selling off his collection started to collect this series till he just couldn't keep buying them.... Well he is selling me his season 3 set for only $23.00 I never seen any of the 3rd season episodes so looking forward to it!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't bet on the Voyager sets dropping less than $50. I was lucky enough to buy the sets for $35 each through Columbia House. I'd probably sell the entire batch, all seven seasons but it depends.

Don't count on Voyager or the other shows dropping less than what they are now. COnsidering what they were priced at before, that $50-59 price tag is really reasonable. I'd grab them up at the current prices.

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad Lloyd
I've been watching Amazon for about 6 months and the price has never changed, so most likely will not !
Gonna watch for about 5 more months !!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
All this time that everyone was complaining about the $100 prices before. Don't look to Paramount or CBS dropping the prices again anytime soon. My guess is that this is where the pripces are going to stay for the near future ...

hispro

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Whited
Like I mentioned before they have dropped in price in the past, most recently back in December-January but it doesn't last long. You just need to keep watching amazon.com for the deals. I find the link at the top of TVShowson DVD.com to be a godsend when looking for deals. That's where I spotted the Voyager price drops in the first place. Best thing the website's ever done was put that link on the top, because it saves hours of searching!

hispro

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Whited

Just to give a heads up, amazon.com just marked down all the seasons of Star Trek: Voyager as well as the other Star Trek series down to the $36-37 dollar range.

And no one believed me!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks