What's new

Star Trek: Voyager specs and art (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I think the packaging is good for, say, a kids TV show. Maybe Barney or the Powerrangers?
Not real happy overall with the packaging for any of the Trek shows. Very cheap.
Voyager has some decent episode in the seven year run but not enough to pay $100.00 for. Hell, I loved DS9 and still wont pay the high price.
The franchise really started going downhill from here.

I see a lot of people making up for the poor writing on here with excuses of how the continuity wasnt followed or maybe just laziness on the writers part.
Sounds like people here care more for continuity than the actual writers did.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
Just got my copy of season 1 yesterday (Friday 13th). Haven't watched it yet but the sound is stated as DD 5.1

It's a 5 disc set. The outer box/case is in two pieces and made of plastic. You need to slide the top part up and bottom part down to get to the inner case and the DVD's.

The inner case is similar to the DS9 cases (page book style). Unlike the DS9 cases that featured really nice artwork from the show on the actual discs (DS9 station, U.S.S. Defiant, Dominion ship ect...), these discs are pretty bland. They are clear (CD look) with just "Star Trek Voyager" and disc # written on them.

Matt_P

Second Unit
Hi Ric,

Let me first say how much I've enjoyed your amazing cover art for the many Trek TV series DVDs. Bravo!

I'm reviewing Voyager for digitallyOBSESSED. Aside from the standard exterior paper that lists the features, etc, there is a small paper insert advertising the previous Trek DVD boxsets.

The most important bit on this insert reads: Look for Star Trek: The Original Series season boxsets coming in fall and winter 2004!!!!!! A sweet bit of news! This is a bit earlier than expected!

The packaging is actually pretty cool looking, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.