What's new

Star Trek Voyager menu screens (1 Viewer)

Daniel Calleja

Auditioning
Looks like DVDAnswers.com has posted screenshots for the new Star Trek Voyager Season 1 menus (can't post the URL, not enough posts).

dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=3260&n=1&burl=

An improvement on the DS9 menus, but still nowhere near the excellent TNG ones.

And while we're on the subject, can anyone explain why the 'Mount haven't announced release dates for Season 5+? Some have suggested its because Voyager was shot in widescreen from that point onwards. Could this make a difference to release dates?

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor

It's most likely because they know how bad Voyager's reputation is and they are waiting to see how well the early seasons sell before planning anything beyond season four.

They probably chose season four as the last planned season to see whether the Baywatch factor (Seven of Nine) will increase sales for that season.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Doesn't make sense as to why they took out the animated episode screens. Those menus are pretty lame.

Roger_R

Second Unit
All seven seasons have got their release date in Europe:
Season 1: 3. may 2004
Season 2: 5. july 2004
Season 3: 6. september 2004
Season 4: 1. november 2004
Season 5: 3. january 2005
Season 6: 7. march 2005
Season 7: 2. may 2005

The region 2 version comes with an extra DVD containing two episodes from TOS, probably a preview for the TBA TOS season sets. Also region 2 gets the bonus DVD, that you can only buy at Best Buy in the US, included with the rest of the bonus features on disc 5...a bit unfair if you ask me (they did the same thing with DS9).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

DS9 didn't have them, either, so TNG is the oddball. :D

The only thing I don't much like about the menus is all the Voyagers on the episode selection screen. Maybe if they're spinning around in "model mode," it'll be okay.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
The menus have a bit more positive effect when you see them in motion.

Now, I know that schedules are subject to change, and the insert in the Voyager packaging was probably printed awhile ago... BUT:

The insert indicates Voyager's release "throughout 2004."

The insert also says to look for TOS in Fall / Winter 2004. (nice to see that in writing)

I'll have my review posted on Friday. I've watched about half of the episodes so far.

-Scott

Daniel Calleja

Auditioning
That explains the delay. Paramount plans to release TOS boxsets (hooray!) around the time Seasons 5 - 7 would be due. It's likely their schedule is so crowded they can't give exact dates that far ahead.

By this time next year my Trek DVD collection should be complete :)

Roger_R

Second Unit
"Seasons 5, 6 and 7 were shot in widescreen?" - Probably the same way that B5 was "always meant" to be in widescreen...

Daniel Calleja

Auditioning
Scott, I don't have a source on this as it was a rumour that's been doing the rounds. The last place I heard it mentioned was on TrekWeb.com's BBS.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Anyone know a site that lists the sales on these once they are released?
I'd like to know if people will actually shell out over $100.00 for this show.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Paramount confirmed that it would be arriving this year a while back. Haven't heard anything recently though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks