What's new

Star Trek TOS Special Edition Starts Sept 16th. (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I just want say that in 43 minutes it will be my birthday and maybe I'm mellowing in my old age but I am truly sorry if any of my posts became antagonistic or hostile to any other members. I love HTF and truly appreciate having a bunch of guys online that I can talk with, and yes, occasionally bicker with.
Thanks for being here for these discussions.

I am totally not being sarcastic, btw...

Peace out.

d

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Let me impart these birthday words of wisdom from an iconic 90's show...

'I really wish he wouldn't get so cranky around his birthday...'

'What's Raphael's big Hangup with Birthdays, anyway?'

'Maybe the Dudes afraid of becoming a Middle Aged Mutant Ninja Turtle?'

I'm coming up on 30 myself in two years.... wonder when my midlife crisis begins, if it didn't come up earlier already :).

:)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Happy Birthday, Dave. I'm glad you added that you weren't being sarcastic, cause for a minute I thought you had turned into Alan Shore.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I still cannot believe that the largest (or one of the largest) markets in the country, New York city (& surrounding areas) is only airing the show at 3:05am. :rolleyes

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wow! I need Season One, then I'm done with the DVD versions. But I'm actually looking forward to this now. I posted on the other thread that was done but wasn't so sure. Now I think it looks very professionally done. :emoji_thumbsup:

Still, the question remains: Will they release the original versions in HD too?

At any rate, I'll most likely buy this "upgraded" set when the price for everything drops. Very exciting!

I hope a station I get runs this. I only have an outdoor antenna. :laugh: *secretly wonders how long it'll take before this shows up on bittorrent*

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I don't think we're supposed to mention that here, but that was my plan for Miri, which my station is not showing

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I checked all around me for dudes in dark suits and glasses as I typed the word "bittorrent". :crazy:

Anyway, monday! Rock and roll!!!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Miri is my favorite episode. I believe it's the first one I saw way back in the early 70s. Wonderful stuff!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Woah! Todd! 3am?!?!?!? Damn!
I was in NYC up until last year, in Berkeley now. I believe we have sat. nite at 11pm which is pretty decent. My gf will FINALLY give Trek a shot with me. We Watched "City on the Edge..." which she admitted was ok.
Will be interesting to see if the new tweaks actually affect her "getting into it".

Thanks for the Bday wishes, guys!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
:)

Well, no HD in my area.

:frowning:

So much for showing off the spiffy new amazing PQ of the tweaked shows...

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just goto tvguide.com. i know it's bloated... but it can still give you free listings in HD/non-HD. you can filter out the non-HD stuff and have it display ONLY HDTV listings.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Even though I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, I am able to receive the New York NBC and CBS HD stations via DirecTV. But even though WNBC in New York is an HD station, airing the program at 3:35 a.m., it will not be in HD. They regularly show C.S.I. reruns on the weekends, but even those aren't HD. The only HD they show is primetime HD shows and live events such as award shows, sports, etc. Anything they have to store is SD only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks