What's new

Star Trek TOS Blu Ray set insert ep listing (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Nelson, this looks sensational! Thank you!

I have a question for any Forum member, though. I am having trouble saving these file to my iMac. They do not show up as jpegs, but rather, as an "image cache." I am sure it is pilot error on my part, but I'd really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction on how to successfully download these images.

Thanks!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jason, Gary!

Don't try to download it. It's still being tweaked and I plan to have a PDF that you can download. I just need to work out how to upload it somewhere.

And I am on a Mac too.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
It's listed as Unknown in the Blu-ray because there isn't one in the episode.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
My druthers would be that it be left as Unknown, so that, even if the cover insert is hidden, the new insert will match the disc menus.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, here is the completed insert sample. I decided to hand draw the original Star Trek title font so it will be correct.

I have prepared two PDF files for the cover and inside. I need to now see how I can post it for you to download.

Regarding the question of printing on a black and white printer, I would imagine the yellow parts would come out at light gray.

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/a/a1/htf_imgcache_43243.jpeg] [/url]

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Why weren't they put in the correct order on the Blu-ray. Darn! They seem to take a step back with Blu-ray.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Norm

Why weren't they put in the correct order on the Blu-ray. Darn! They seem to take a step back with Blu-ray.
Who's to really say what "correct" order is? The studio decided to put them in broadcast order. Fine. Really, the first season is the only one where there are noticeable production differences in the first few episodes that are accentuated only when watched in broadcast sequence. For those few people who prefer to watch them in production order (most of whom are probably represented in this thread, myself included) Nelson's insert is the perfect solution.

I would hardly go as far to call this Blu-Ray set a "step back" for something as miniscule as episode sequence!

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Originally Posted by Jason Charlton ">[/url]

Who's to really say what "correct" order is? The studio decided to put them in broadcast order. Fine. Really, the first season is the only one where there are noticeable production differences in the first few episodes that are accentuated only when watched in broadcast sequence. For those few people who prefer to watch them in production order (most of whom are probably represented in this thread, myself included) Nelson's insert is the perfect solution.

I would hardly go as far to call this Blu-Ray set a "step back" for something as miniscule as episode sequence![/QUOTE]It is a step back when your a Quadriplegic & you need help changing the discs to watch them in production order.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Originally Posted by Norm Especially when its was in the production order on the previous DVDs.

Well, it was in production order on the 40-volume version. But the remastered DVDs were production order, and I thought the non-remastered season sets were as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
All the DVD season box sets are in broadcast order, form the first set, the remastered set and HD-DVD and now BD. You are correct that the first 40 DVDs that were 2 episodes per disc are production order. I'm sure someone back then complained the box set ought to be broadcast order.

I'm still trying to see if I can find a way to host the PDF of the insert so you can download it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have not been around for a while, dead computer. Anyway, i am catching myself up to speed on the HTF. Everything changed in the 4 weeks i was offline. LOVE this insert Nelson, thanks for all the work. Ready to do the next 2 seasons? :)

Oh, and i own a Mac now too.

A Mac virgin. Had to put Windows on it, just so i could have a little comfort. Baby steps.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just downloaded and printed it out. Works like a charm!!!!!

Thank You Nelson & Rick.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys-

Great to see the insert is working for you guys! Thanks to Ric for helping me host it!

As for the second and third season, no worries, I'll be preparing those soon!

RickER, funny I've always been a Mac user. In my work, I use CAD for defining a product design, but recently in the past 6 months, I've been learning and adopting a new CAD program that's only for Windows. So I find myself using a PC for that program only and then rolling my chair around back to the Mac for the other work I do. The neat thing is that once I go with an Intel Mac, that CAD program will run on it via Bootcamp, but it's not supported by the company that makes the software. Yet they know a good percentage of designers use their software on Intel Macs! Okay, sorry for the digression into computer OS's.

Hopefully I can sort out my own way to host the next inserts when the next BD's come out. Hopefully September as has been rumored for S2.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Got mine printed, and it looks awesome.... I hate to nitpick, Nelson, but you've got the original air date for "Arena" as 1/12/67, the same air date as "The Squire of Gothos." According to both Allan Asherman's Star Trek Compendium and Wikipedia*, the air date for "Arena" was actually one week later, on 1/19/67. I know, nitpicking with a capitol N. Not a biggie. I love the insert, and it's going into my Season 1 set... right... now. There. What an improvement!

*Yeah, I know... Wikipedia isn't always correct. I just cited it as a backup example for the information in the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks