What's new

star trek tos 2 weeks early (1 Viewer)

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i had a odd thing happen this week. i mail order all my star trek tos disks, and disks 29 and 30 came out this week, well this place shipped what i thought was 29 and 30 sunday night, and then i thought the shipped my 31 and 32 that is due the 28th out monday, but lo and behold, when the first package came, it was disks 31 and 32, and then 29 and 30 came the next day(at least i hope they are 29 and 30, i've haven't picked up my mail yet from where i have packages delivered). i just thought this was a wierd occurance, getting 2 titles 2 weeks before they street.
has anyone else had a etailer send them out that early?
------------------

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Sorry for the duplicate post.
[Edited last by BrianP on August 16, 2001 at 12:38 PM]

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I will try posting this again since the forum appears to be having problems, and my messages are not being posted to the thread.
I preordered episodes 29-32 from an online store with a reputation for shipping not until release date. On August 15 I received an email from the store that all the episodes were shipped. However, when tracking my order at UPS it is not due to arrive until August 21. That is still a week earlier than expected.
------------------
My Movie Collection on DVD and Laser Disc

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Cool! I'm amazed you can keep up with these discs! That's cool you got a couple of them early. I'm on # 10 so I have some catch up to do! I saw something weird on Volume #14 for the episode of "City on The Edge of Forever". The disc noted that the music was different from the original. Anyone have the inside scoop on this?

Jeff

Supporting Actor
The music wasn't changed on the DVD, despite what it says. On all the other video releases, including laserdisc, the music was changed for some sort of rights issue. I guess things got worked out for the DVD release.
Jeff

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently the music was changed some time during syndication and was not addressed during subsequent VHS and laserdisc releases. However, both forum members and Mr. Blythe confirmed, that despite the what the DVD package says the music was reinstated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks