What's new

STAR TREK- TMP: Overture included? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Okay, now I'm getting worried.
In the past I've mentioned on this forum how bad the audio is on the Right Stuff DVD and on the newly re-released widescreen version of Airport.
I'm bothered by the low number of people that seem to hear this; people that I would think know better. Are some of these same people saying that the new Star Trek TMP DVD sounds great? To me the sound quality on The Right Stuff and Airport is far from acceptable. Hopefully this won't be the case with this new Star Trek DVD.
I will cry if it is.

Kevin Matthews

Stunt Coordinator
Scott don't worry the new DD track is nowhere near the tinny quality of The Right Stuff.
In regards to the LD's PCM track I always felt that the bass was WAY over emphasized on that track, the new track is much more refined as it should have been had the original sound mixers been given enough time (they were not).
However having said that I have to agree with Kevin M that the music is rather subdued or "muffled" in the spots he pointed out and in a few he didn't, it isn't as bad as all that but if you have the LD or CD soundtrack to compare it with you will notice.
Nonetheless this is a GREAT SE and well worth the money.
------------------
Kevin Matthews
No sir....I don't like it! - M. Horse

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
quote:
Scott don't worry the new DD track is nowhere near the tinny quality of The Right Stuff.
[/quote]
Tinny is an understatement. I mean it had a wierd flanging sound to during Glenn's first flight. That absolutely pissed me off.
furious.gif

The old P&S version of Airport has better sound than the new widescreen version.
What the hell is it with some of these mastering jobs?
[Edited last by Scott Strang on November 06, 2001 at 11:06 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks