What's new

Star Trek: The Animated Series on 3/15? (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

For a 22-episode half-hour animated show? Yikes.

(But I think you're probably right!)

Todd K

Second Unit
Somewhat tangential question -- does anyone know why Chekov wasn't in the animated series? Weird that Walter Koenig wouldn't want to do it when everyone else was.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
If i recall they wanted to cut most of the secondary people. Have James Doohan and Majel Barret do most the other voices. Nimoy was going to walk unless they kept Nichols, and Takei. Of course as it ended each of the co-stars did a number of the "guest" voices as well.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
Having watched these once, and knowing that they are generally not considered cannon... I honestly have no desire to buy this set. As it is Paramount charges too much for the live action shows and most of those sets I've bought used. I've been lucky and careful and never bought a bootleg, but I refuse to pay $100 a season for any series, even Star Trek.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I doubt this set will be above $50 MSRP (which will place it around $30 on the street). Paramount Half hour TV sets like Andy Griffith and Brady Bunch are around that much.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

No, as Nimoy tells it, he tried to save everyone's position on the show, but the studio put its foot down after hiring Nichols and Takei. Koeing got the consolation prize of writing an episode, so he was still involved, albeit not fully.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
http://www.homemediaretailing.com/in...=2&newsid=9388

"A long-overlooked chapter of the “Star Trek” saga is finally making its way to DVD.

Paramount Home Entertainment will release all 22 episodes of Star Trek: The Animated Series in a $35 four-disc set Nov. 21, making it the last “Star Trek” property to receive an official DVD release. "

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Paramount, please make sure every episode has complete end titles. On LD and VHS every other episode had the end titles fade out early.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Looks like a very nice set (and a good deal). I always enjoyed these Saturday-morning Trek adventures. Great musical cues too. .....

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6066

Confirmed special features for "ST:TAS" include:

* "Drawn to the Final Frontier - The Making of Star Trek: The Animated Series"
* "What's the Star Trek Connection?"
* Photo Gallery
* Show History
* Wallpaper
* AIM Icons
* Text Commentaries

But it appears we're in for some oddball-shaped packaging here. Paramount usually goes with the slim inner cases instead of Digis.

Anybody got any Paramount sets using Digipaks? I have none.

What are previous Star Trek sets packed in? Something weird-shaped, I'll bet, huh? :) (I wouldn't know. I don't own any.)

EDIT -- Never mind. I can now see for myself. Weird-shaped indeed. Are these boxes very functional (and nice)? :) .....

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Katherine_K

Second Unit

The TNG sets are rather hard to handle, the Enterprise sets are durable at least... but to be honest I take all my star trek sets out of their "nifty" weird shaped packages and put them in eight disc cases with Ric's very nice custom covers. Saves space and aggrivation of dealing with the bits and pieces

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks