What's new

Star Trek season 2 (remastered) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
LOL! I watched that one about four nights ago. You're right. BTW, I am almost certain that Garrovick (or the actor that played him) was also shown 'killed' in the opening scene, before we even meet him! They show a close-up of three men--one of which is Leslie (or rather, non-Leslie = Mr. Red Shirt), another is Rizzo (who survives at first), and a third guy who looks a LOT like Garrovick. Has anyone else noticed this?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the those links Scott. I saw his site some years ago and forgot about it. I like the behind the scenes aspects of his images. Like the Billy Blackburn home movies!

Speaking of red shirts, remember Lt. Galloway, he dies in Omega Glory and is back in the third season for Day of the Dove!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I'd bump this thread in case anyone is interested that the Second Season Remastered TOS SD DVD season set is out next Tuesday, August 5th. This on the heels of the news that Season 3 is announced for November.

Just checked pricing and Best Buy and Amazon list the same price of $63.99. That's a surprise. The bright side is that it's less then $100.00.;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

If the HTF has gotton these for review can someone tell me if there is anykind of Artwork on the disk, even Paramount standard Silver artwork. I had read that these looked like combo HD/DVD's with Data on only one side. I was probably holding off for the Blu Ray set, and having the disks like this would nail my decision.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This is a busy weekend for Star Trek! The last Remastered episode aired and there is a review of the DVD Season Box Set of the Remastered Second Season of TOS on trekmovie.com

I have not read it yet, just looked at the pictures and it looks like a really good set, with the inclusion of the Tribbles episodes from DS9 and TAS. The price is pretty good too for Star Trek at $60.00. Go buy a copy this Tuesday!

Dave, the review has an image of the packaging and the discs. The discs have no artwork on them at all, unless those are the backs of the discs!

Review: Star Trek Remastered Season Two DVD Set | TrekMovie.com

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am not doing that again. I shelled out $2600.00 in all for all 5 Series'

That was insane and I refuse to do it again

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

That's what I was afraid of, why could'nt they at least put that crappy silver artwork. These disks will be crap in no time, oh well.. Why do We keep buying them, for me I love Trek what can I say, I'm sure I'll get the Blu Ray at some point also.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Tempting as it is to pick this set up I am going to stand firm and hold off for the BluRay versions.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, I picked up the set at Best Buy and got it for the first week lower price. Nice, the package is solid and no problems, dents or tears I can see yet. It's pretty much the same as the HD-DVD set, except the Season Two is embossed and in chrome on the inner cardboard box.

The discs have no art, just labeling on the inner disc ring area. I'll be patient and watch each episode in order, rather then jump to The Doomsday Machine!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I am curious to see all the CGI effects that were cut from the syndication broadcasts, such as Journey to Babel. And I look forward to seeing the Billy Blackburn films. I'll watch Amok Time tonight if I have time! He, he, can't wait!

If you're not into HDTV, or have a Blu Ray player yet, (as a lot of people don't) I can see why they released this first over a Blu Ray version. Plus for me, I have the option of playing the discs on my older systems in other parts of the house!

Though it's not been said much recently, it will be interesting to see how they go about a Blu-Ray release of all 3 seasons. Will it have the original episodes untouched included. Will it also have all the added bonus materials? Some of the bonus stuff here is from the last Season Box sets. And most of it was fluff. I'd rather they leave it all out and have some new stuff or just have the episodes both original remastered and the new remastered CGI version. The original episodes would then be the "bonus". The Blackburn films are the real treasure here if you ask me. There's very little in the way of this kind of material for TOS. Shots of the sets and location filming with the cast and crew not in character.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I just finished watching The Immunity Syndrome. Some of the close-ups of the entity got me thinking what they would look like remastered. The matting was (I think) two and three layers deep (ship, cell, cell). It looked very good in SD. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Live it up guys! You're being smarter then I am. I just have to buy every incarnation of TOS! Just TOS though, no TNG, DS9, or Voyager.

Here's some screencaps from Immunity Syndrone for you Scott. The first shot has a really blue cast to it, and it looks good. The last shot I don't remember seeing on the syndicated broadcast. Nudge it into forward, Scotty!

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/9f/htf_imgcache_33502.jpeg] [/url]

troy evans

Screenwriter
Picked this up at BB this morning. Have been having a marathon since I got home at 11:30a.m. Just finished watching "Doomsday Machine" and all I can say is, WOW! I really am speechless. So, so incredible. You guys that can wait for Blu, well, I wish I had your patience. Good luck on holding out. When it comes to Trek, I'm weak.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I went by my local Best Buy on the way home tonight just to hold the thing in my hands. (I've stated in several threads here that I'm waiting on the BD's.) But I wasn't able to do that since they were already sold out!! Now, I was told that they had only five to sell initially, but that's still pretty impressive considering that this was the first day of the release. Also, it's the series' third release to DVD; *plus* the first season of this set was released on the HD-DVD/DVD hybrid format. I guess there's still a few Star Trek fans left out there after all!

(BTW, I have to admit that I'm *sorely tempted* to purchase this set ... but "logic dictates" that the BD's will be released in Fall 2009.)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Sure Joseph, sure.;)

That first shot of the Enterprise looks very impressive. Thanks for sharing Nelson!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,

Thanks. Very nice! Very nice indeed. :emoji_thumbsup:

Some of the pics (particularly the last one and ones in the episode like it) had a certain Fantastic Voyage (1966) and (albeit less so) 2001 feel/look to it. With 2001, I'm thinking of the "Eye of Japetus" (as Clarke put it, I believe) segments.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks