What's new

Star Trek Price Drop (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
But, you guys don't get the bonus points if you use your RZ certificates. You only get the bonus points if you spend the hard cash on the sets.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I'm shocked by these Paramount price drops (never thought I'd see the day).

Especially with regards to Enterprise, as the newest show/release.

Unfortunately I already bought everything used.

Think I paid $165 for all four Enterprise seasons total.

Still, if knew I could get new ones for $45 I might have waited.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Guys, there is an option where you can change your Best Buy Rewardzone certificates to where you can recieve them when you accumulate $20. I would just pay for those Enterprise sets with cash and pile up those certificates and take advantage of the bonus points. 60,000 points, paying $180.00 for those sets, and you could receive $20 in rewardzone certificates.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed on bestbuy.com they raised the price up to $99.99 today.

I also noticed that they changed their weekly ad also.

I bought Season 1 & 2 yesterday for the $44.99.

I decided to go back tomorrow and take my ad with me in case they try to raise the in-store price back up also
and go ahead and buy Season 3.

I think somebody in Best Buy corporate might have screwed this one up.

RickB

Grip
I was just in Best Buy this evening and picked up Season Four of "24". I had picked up the first 3 seasons in a special deal from Amazon.com I think I got them for around $118 plus shipping. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Anyway, getting 15,000 points and a price of $42.99 for season four was too good a deal to pass up.

I think I will stop back there tomorrow and pick up 'Enterprise' season three to get another 15,000 points and the price of $44.99. I have this in the circular I picked up upon leaving there tonite. I didn't look, nor see what the price was at the store tonite, but if its in the circular I think they have to honor the price. I mean its listed to get the points and the price so I don't see how they could not sell for that.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
SteveVM, I'm glad I got a shipment confirmation notice this morning. For under $50, Enterprise season 3 is on its way to me, whether they made a mistake or not.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, as long as you have the circular, Best Buy is required by law to provide the advertised price. If they made the mistake they really do have to honor it. Oh, and one other thing. I'm sure that if you walk into Best Buy after the sale is over you could probably as well get the sets for $56.99 since the circular also says that the regular price on those sets are $56.99. Just keep the circular as proof.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from town.
Best Buy had a disclaimer on the shelf by Enterprise saying there was a mistake in the add and it they should be $99.99. The manager told me since there was a misprint and they had placed the disclaimer they did not have to sell it for $44.99.

I took my copy of the add and went to Circuit City and they had 1 copy of Season 3 left. I went to the register and asked about a price match. He took me to customer servie and they were not very happy. A 65.00 price differnece. They told me they only match prices if their competitor had stock. They called Best Buy and of course they had stock.

Because of their price match guarantee, new price + 10% of the diff. They sold it to me for $38.49+tax

even a better deal.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
How in the hell do you get 10% from 44.99 down to 38.49? Where did you go to school at? 10% off $44.99 is $40.45. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
it's 10% of the difference.
CC reg price $109.99
BB advertised price $44.99
Differnce of $65.00
So 10% of $65.00 is $6.50
$44.99-$6.50 is $38.99+tax

what a deal

I came out ahead in this one

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek

Where did you go to school? Didn't your english teacher ever tell you to never use a preposition in that fashion?

Sorry, the heavy price of having an old-school english teacher as a mother...:)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, I dont know if this will help you guys any but Costco had seasons 1-3 of DS9 and Seasons 2 and 3 of TNG for 44 bucks and change. Presumably they had run out of TNG S1 and would have been 44 bucks also - but I cant verify for sure.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Well, it's about time. Hope to see the prices hold, and that the drop is across the board.

I already own TNG, DS9 and the new TOS sets. Haven't purchased VOY at the current costs, as it's my least-favorite of the bunch. Plus, last time I was in FutureShop or BestBuy, ENT was selling for something like 120.00 (CDN) per season. That's more than I paid for ANY of the other series.

If ENT drops, I'll snap it up. Still not sure about VOY though...

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Hmm.. just visited BestBuy.ca, and it looks like seasons 1-3 of TNG and DS9 have dropped to 78 (CDN). The rest are still way too high. Bummer.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
The only Star Trek I want to collect is the original series. The prices are just crazily overpriced for this series too.

I don't know if anyone else is familiar with columbiahouse.com but I was able to get the first two seasons at a very reasonable price (for ST:TOS). To join columbiahouse. com, you have to sign up for four purchases over two years. Generally these just have to movies.

I don't remember if there was some special deal or what, but I was able to get season 1 for $65 (including tax, service charge and delivery). I know that for season 2, I used $32 fun dollars (basically in-house credits) at the end of last year, and got season 2 for $78 (including tax, service charge and delivery). A person has to be very patient. I want season 3, but I'm waiting for a deal. Their stated price for season 3 is $145, but normally is listed for $129, but typically within a one month period, it also lists for $79 or $99. I'm waiting to try for a bit less even.

So, you can get the original series for about $92 (including tax, delivery and service charge), as long as you order it while the price is low.

Generally columbiahouse is more expensive than Amazon.com but occasionally you get a deal. I was able to get 16 John Wayne movies for $148 plus $32 in fun cash (effectively a $116 purchase). Unfortunately the fun cash sometimes can't be combined with the best deals (which is why I wasn't under $50 for the $78 season 2 purchase).

Jeff

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
I am a sad, weak, petty man. When I found out yesterday that Paramount lowered the price, I told myself I wouldn't be a pawn in their game. But sure enough, I found myself, just now, purchasing not one but two seasons of DS9! Poster Boy for the consumer society right here, I literally couldn't help myself. I am a terrible human being.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Hello Blake, welcome to TV-on-DVD Anonymous. You are officially on the road to recovery, since you've passed the first step: admitting you have a problem.

The Twelve Steps of TV-on-DVD Anonymous

1. We admitted we were powerless over DVD — that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (or at least help reduce our blind-buys).
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Gord as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves (and our ever-growing DVD collection).
5. Admitted to Gord, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have Gord remove all these defects of character (and defects of DVD-18).
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings (and embarrassing blind-buys).
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed (for damaging borrowed DVDs) and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible (except when to do so would require loaning further DVDs).
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly blamed it on poor DVD mastering.
11. Sought through HTF and TVShowsOnDVD.com to improve our conscious contact with Gord as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to compulsive DVD collectors and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

(These 12 steps are for fun only. Although modified from the official AA and OA program, no insult to either AA or OA is intended).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks