What's new

Star Trek - Nemesis (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Picked it up last night. Haven't had a chance to explore too much, but the transfer looks outstanding, and the sound is great. Lookin' forward to checking out the deleted scenes!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed it a lot! If they're going out with this one, at least they went out in style. Might be the first NG Trek I'll buy.

Peter Loan

Second Unit
I liked it as well. I'd rank it alongside Voyage Home, after First Contact and Wrath Of Khan. Isn't this the Trek movie even numbered streak just picking up again?

VicRuiz

Second Unit
I'm surprised at the praise for Generations here. As a member of the TrekBBS, Generations is considered the bastard child of the TNG movies and almost ranks right up there with Star Trek V amongst Trekkies.
You're a member of the TrekBBS and you call yourself a Trekkie? In some quarters that would be considered an insult! We are Trekkers, not Trekkies. ;)

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I didn't catch Nemesis during its theatrical run. So, this morning, in the "Booth Bijou" was my first viewing. Sorry to be contrary, but I actually LIKED the movie. It's a keeper and I'm glad I bought it sight unseen.

Mark

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Maybe the reviews lowered my expectations, but I enjoyed Nemesis much more than any of the other TNG-era movies. It's no TWOK or Undiscovered Country, no matter how much it borrows from both of those films, but it's easily the best of the last four.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I've read that the video on this one is just about reference or is reference quality. Looking forward to seeing this one on my front projector. Also, how is the sound quality on Nemesis?

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I bought it blind and really enjoyed it. I'm also one of the few who liked Insurrection, btw.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I was very disappointed in this film. I thought this was the weakest of the franchise and it was an obvious rip off off Star Trek II.

The only positive thing I can say about this film is that I wasn't bombarded with product placements.

edited due to a grammar error.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Weaker than Generations? You are kidding, right?

My wife and I really enjoyed this movie. Was it a rip-off of Khan? I personally don't really see it; but even if it was, they could have done a lot worse and made it a rip-off of The Final Frontier. :)

As for the DVD, this is a guaranteed purchase this weekend.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I would place Final Frontier,Generations and Insurrection behind this one. Its as good as Voyage Home and Undiscovered Country IMHO

A guess as to why it did so badly....People gave up after the horrible Insurrection. I know I almost didnt go see it in the theater for that reason.

I was SO disgusted by Insurrection I swore I wouldnt see another Trek film until some changes were made. I broke down and went and liked it more than I thought I would.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I found that this movie broke the "even-numbered" trend in a big way. I found the odd numbered Generations and Search for Spock, as well as all the other even numbered Trek films to be superior to this one.

But Nemesis is still much better than Final Frontier or the insufferable Insurrection.

-Lyle J.P.

ErichH

Screenwriter
I enjoyed it - I never try to compare Star Trek these days with the likes of LOTR/StarWars/Matrix - It's just not possible for the trek franchise to keep up.

Cool Rom ship design this time around.

e

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i liked it. 3.5 out of 5.
spoiler.

i'm still waiting to hear someone in this movie to say. "phew i'm sure glad that wasn't lore" or at least hey are we sure it isn't lore" or at least a mention of lore.

it seemed as if lore never existed and this b4 was the only other version of data.

i loved the deleted ending and thought it would have been a better way to end the movie.

this was an obvious remake of st2 wrath of kahn.
which is fine as this was a good movie for me.

Praetor Shinzon was kahn and he even said when asked how he got on that planet that he was put there and left for dead, not exact words but close to what kahn said.

data implanting his memories into the new b4, and being the one who saves the day. same as spock.

even the battle scene in the cloud stuff was much like in the wrath of kahn.

there may be more but i cant remember them now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
trivia fact from imdb.com

Jonathan Frakes refused to shave his back for the love scene turned rape with Troi. The hair on his back was digitally removed by an effects house.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
trivia fact from imdb.com

Jonathan Frakes refused to shave his back for the love scene turned rape with Troi. The hair on his back was digitally removed by an effects house.
Way more info than I needed....

A great TNG movie, one the their best. Great PQ and audio. A great turn around after that Insurrection disaster.

Peace Out~:D

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
OK, a little off topic, but why is Generations viewed so harshly? I mean, it's not an out and out action flick like First Contact, but to me, I loved it just because I love the characters and their interactions. I thought it had a dark and almost melancholic feel which I really liked.

Just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks