What's new

Star Trek in HD - with revised special effects? (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Will the Klingons have head ridges? If so, they'll have to throw an episode or two of DS9 and Enterprise!

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Which one of the actual screenshots is better?

You can't make that comparison right now, because one is a low-rez publicity picture.

I'm excited for this. Viva la difference!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
TV Land is not Hi Def so it makes sense to show it there for and sell the HD Versions

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've said it before and I'll now say it again: what Lucas did to "Star Wars" was bad enough. But he was the one who did it, no one else.

Roddenberry, Bob Justman, Herb Solow and a load of other talented people brought this series to life. They made it what it is. They didn't need any stinking space battles, "crowds", moving clouds or rippling water to tell their STORY. And make no mistake about it, "Trek" is about the story.

This is a very sad and very dark day. I'm just waiting for someone to "enhance" Elvis songs without his estate being involved. Or how about adding some more shootouts to "Bonanza". Or digitally removing some weight from Orson Welles in "Citizen Kane".

God, I wanna puke.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
For those moaning about how Trek was about the "story"...

How does these change the story???? The stories will be the SAME. No new dialogue scenes, no alterations in plot.

You can have your cake and eat it too: the great story is still there, with cool new effects. It may bring in the curious to sample the show (more audience). The unaltered originals are forever preserved in film and DVD.

Where is Bill Shatner's "Get a life"? :)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I should be glad that I didn't buy the season sets for the TOS series. they cost too much for me to buy them.

I like the idea. I hear people complain that they cann't stand the look of the TOS series.. its so dated.. perhaps this will help.

Jacob

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

As a graphic designer, I am going to have to say that the bottom one looks more "realistic."

The top one is a sharper resolution, but it looks like a computer image.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I would but it is impossible to engage in fruitful discussion with all the sky is falling statements being flung around.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit

They both look fake, just in different ways. The CG looks, well, like CG, and the model looks like a model.

I personally prefer models over CG in about 90% of scenarios. But even if the original effects were black and white with a rocketship on a string with a guy in the background going "whoosh, whoosh!", I'd still take them over this revisionist garbage.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I wish someone would just get rid of those horrid effects on "Wonder Woman"...the Chris Reeve "Superman" flicks..."The Incredible Hulk"..."Lost in Space"..."The Adventures of Superman"...

While we're at it, why don't we add some realistic skylines to "Bonanza"? I'm sure a re-recording the theme to "The Twilight Zone" wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings? Why not add some CGI stuff to "The Outer Limits"? Come to think of it, some of the sets on "Friends" looked a little sparse...why don't we add stuff to them?

Same idea, folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks