What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 5/26/'04 "Zero Hour" (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I have to rewatch it. But, could it have been the Oakland-Bay bridge which is grey.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read yesterday that they were told to have shorter arcs and to tie everything up because it would be the series' last. I'll have to look for the article.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Scott Bakula did an online chat with StarTrek.com the official web site, and he confirmed that next year they're going to do only 22 episodes instead of 26, because of the lateness of UPN's announcement of the fall season. That would bring the total to 98 episodes altogether (97, if you count the two-hour "Broken Bow" as one episode).

Anyone notice the error in dating the episode? T'Pol stated that it was February 14, 2152. Yet IIRC, the previous episode occurred on February 13, 2154. Shouldn't she have said "2154" last night? Or perhaps they were thrown back in time two years into their past. Methinks it's the former, that she simply gave the wrong year in her log entry.

Of course, the far more interesting question is, how are they ever going to get out of this one? Alien Nazis? Hooboy!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The story that season 4 being the last is just rumour and inuendo. An un-named UPN source is quoted as saying that S4 will have to pull in better ratings in order to have an S5. Of course this statement could be just as good as rumour and gossip due to the un-named source. But I think that UPN would want it back if it does well in the ratings.

Here's the article.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

And being in the ratings seller already and being moved to Fridays is actually going to make the ratings go up?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

It wasn't a cliche when it was barely over 20 yrs since it happened. TOS was nearly 40 years ago. In that time, it has become a cliche.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Fridays is known as the cellar, yes. The point for UPN is they feel that Friday will give them a little more breathing room, with all that's going on Wednesdays, they have a lot to compete with. I don't watch cable TV, so I was not aware that Stargate could air opposite it.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Darn, I thought maybe at the end, after Archer defeated the XIndi weapon, he Quantum leaped into another situation (or another series?)

:D :D :D

Seriously, there are some holes here. One would assume no radio contact that they are in the past, just like All Our Yesterdays from TOS. That would explain why Shran is not there, he didn't fall into whatever caused Archer to go there. It could be the Xindi aquatic traveled into time, drop off enterprise and then went back into the portal back to their time (vague).
Or else this is a Daniels "Q" moment where he needs Enterprise and crew to go back and fix anomalies in time? I hope it isn't.

Whether the show is good or bad, I'm sure Paramount is happy with one thing: people are talking about it. Better than no one talking about it.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

I'm not sure I agree with you about when an analogy becomes trite enough to become a cliche.

Good thing the original series didn't trot out any Roman Empire, Chicago gangland, or American Indian analogies, though.

Luckily, Deep Space Nine never offered any Israeli-Palestinian conflicts either (or was it Nazi-Jew?).

Aw yes, the eternal freshness of those earlier series.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I think they are just looking to get the 100 episodes(or close) for syndication and then it will disappear. This show is too expensive to keep limping along for another 3 seasons unless viewership goes up. I think it has less to do with the night or time period than it does with people just being tired of Trek and the people behind it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think the main problem is Wed night. By going against Smallville. Which, like it or not does take from a similar demographic it hurts the ratings. I also never really thought the Neilsons were that accurate in this age of vcrs, tivo's and the like.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Well, I'd like to thank all of you who posted suggestions as to where that Nazi plot-twist might have been inspired from. I watched it and immediately thought "Berman and Braga are now resorting to plots from Galactica 80!"

I was disappointed by this episode. Last week's was much better. I'm sure there are a bunch of plot holes related to unmanned space stations, lack of orbital defences, how the Andorian ship was never once detected, how Archer escaped (and if he was helped by Daniels, why dump him on Earth) etc etc, but since this is B&B, I won't waste my time in lengthy analysis. ;) :D However, I loved Archer's use of the remote control bomb, and it's always a pleasure to see Jeffrey Combs steal a scene. Next season, I'd like to see Archer play hardball with a crewmember's life and lose...

BTW, Tony Whalen, thanks for your long posts in this thread re: the Enterprise thread craps. I think you spoke for a lot of us here. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

See, I disagree with your view on this stuff Hugh. Sure, those "analogies" were pretty trite and/or cliche by todays standards.

But you gotta remember the time-period they originally aired in. The time they were WRITTEN in. It was the 60s. You simply didn't talk about Native people being driven off their lands ... or Christ vs. Romans ... in those days. Certainly not on TV. But within the supposed "freedom" of science-fiction, you could make a statement about those "taboo" topics. Just as long as the women were green. ;)

"Subtle" just didn't work within the confines of 60's sci-fi. Not when you were actually trying to SAY something...

(I'm not going to try to defend "A Piece of the Action", as that was a pretty light-hearted comedy bit...not so much a statement on society. :) )

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The only time a show has value is when it's being watched during its original broadcast when you can't skip the commercials.>>>

I'd love to see a truly digitized/ phone line connected RAting system installed in TV's. It'll be interesting to see just how many people don't channel surf during a shows commercial breaks...The data will probably look something like...
Tuned in:
Enterprise
8:00PM-8:07PM
Tuned Out:
8:07-9:09PM
Tuned in...
:)

John Swarce

Second Unit
Where did someone get the idea that it was an alien Hitler? I just thought he was another SS officer, although maybe a higher ranking one.

Actually, the first thing I thought was "OMG, it'a a Draxi from the Babylon 5 universe. Maybe JMS is taking over writing duties!:D :D " (Of course, this is only because I am almost through with Season 5 of B5.)

This whole season was a jump start for the series. Let's hope they can build on it, especially if the B & B departure rumors are true.

John

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
When the Nazi's said "He's very badly burned," I thought for a moment we'd segue into The English Patient:
"I can speak technobabble...fluently I might add."

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Just seemed like a WTF? ending to entice you to watch the beginning of next season. Will the explanation hold up? Will I care? I also thought of The Red Skull, except that, well, he wasn't red.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks