What's new

Star Trek: Enterprise 5/05/'04 "e²" (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
episode title: "E²"
episode number: #73
original airdate: May 5, 2004
director: Roxann Dawson
writer: Mike Sussman
synopsis: "An attempt to use a Xindi subspace corridor leads the Enterprise crew to a bizarre encounter with their own descendants."

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . . . . .

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
You know, I think that in the interest of completeness, Paramount should retroactively do TOS and TNG episodes with this plotline.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
"Children of Time" was, in fact, the episode I was thinking of. I know they went to that well on Voyager toward the end, too, so I figured TOS and TNG episodes would be necessary to complete the set.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Children of Time is a good episode though. Let's see if Enterprise can pull it off or not.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
But the point, Kyle, is why is Enterprise doing this at all?

I have an idea! Archer and Trip and whoever else (T'pol?) should land on a planet with a time-and-space machine. Archer then uses the machine to travel back into the past -- say, preWWII United States. But, see, he meets this social worker and falls in love with her. T'pol, though, using her tricorder, manages to scan news headlines from the "near future" and discovers that Archer's love interest will fundamentally alter the timeline is she lives much longer. So Archer's love interest must, somehow some way, die in order for everything to be set straight again.

Killer idea.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll see where it goes, actually Last weeks ep I have to admit was Damn good and I have to Give Enterprise Props for actually reaping the consequences of their Situation. On Voyager after the ship took a beating all was shiney and bright. No So on Enterprise, people are still Sweaty, bloodied and bruised. The ship still is knocked to crap. And their susisting on Food Packs. Like the Xindi Storyline or no it's a major step better both character wise and situation wise than voyager.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
How about people watch first and then bash later. Reminds me of all the people who bashed DS9 when it was on. Hell there were even those who bashed TNG

capt

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
She's picked the pepperoni off. Bad Nutritional values on that Starship.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, I was thinking of a script myself!

The intrepid crew of NX-01 gets caught in trans-dimensional space-time vortex while in the act of using that newfangled "transporter" gadget.

When they materialize, they are confounded by the site of Trip with a beard, and the ship has been subtly altered throughout. Displine has become brutal...savage. The crew advances through assasination.

Oh...and T'Pol is dressed in a G-string, with an Enterprise symbol acting as a pastie. :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This week's TV Guide lists this episode as one to stay home for. That's a pretty good endorsement from a mainstream publication that once printed headlines about how to make the series better.

I agree with Joey, at least watch the show before you have your fun with it.:)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... Do we go with the "News Corp owns several UPN stations" line, or the "maybe a 'mainstream publication' isn't quite so cognizant that it's been done" line? :)

Maybe I'll catch it this weekend if it gets good reviews here that don't involve mentioning lowered expectations and do single out actual reasons why it's a good episode.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Nelson Au wrote (post #16):

Why? That may be the only "fun" we get to have with it.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
rating: 1 H

Passable, but nothing to write home about.

Some questions:

(a) "Pardon my paradox"-department :

If they shoot their ancestors into oblivion before the latter go into the subspace corridor, won't they undo themselves and disappear on the spot??? Doesn't sound like a very "logical" plan to me.

(b) "Haven't we met somewhere before?"-department:

"Ikarrans"?
"Lorian"?

Calling J. Michael Straczinsky! Is there a Michael Straczinsky in the house? They could be a little more original with the names, at least.

(c) With regard to T'Pol's trellium addiction, what happened to her disease? Has it been mentioned lately, or just totally forgotten?

(d) Guess who gets to be the sacrificial lambs? (Actually, we don't know what happens to them.)

(e) At what level is the Tripp-T'Pol thing?

"T'Pol & Tripp sittin' in a tree,|
k-i-s-s-i-n-g.
"

I think that about sums it up.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I was watching CSI last week, and they had ANOTHER episode where someone dies and the team figures out who did it! Again! I tell you, I am getting really sick of this so-called "entertainment."

And on Law & Order III, there was this guy who did a crime, and then the police tracked him down! I mean COME ON! Do they think we're idiots? Sure it was entertaining, but you know, I could probably think up a story involving cops and criminals and it would be so original that neither I nor anyone else would be able to bitch and moan about it as being derivative.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks