What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 4/21/'04 "Damage" (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I really liked this episode. ive enjoyed this season a lot but this episode was one of the season highlights. Deep space nine had sisko as a captain who did what he had to do. But Archer is just bad ass this season

capt

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
URGGGHHHH!!!!

My stupid local UPN 33 channel pre-empted ENTERPRISE for a friggin' Miami Heat game! :angry:

Now I have to find out when they will re-broadcast.

derek

Second Unit
Good 2nd parter! Interesting to see Archer have to make the hard (and questionable) moral choices. Is the doc the ship's psychologist too? Kinda cool seeing the inside of the aquatic ship...a ship of water where Archer was in the 'fishbowl'. Sounds like they are going to try to wrap the Xindi threat arc up this season...for some reason I thought the whole expanse trip was gonna last at least two seasons.
btw T'pol didn't use the transporter since I'm sure its use is monitored tightly and she'd be caught with the goods so to speak.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
My local UPN station had video problems during Enterprise. Imagine closing your eyes for 1 second out of every 3 seconds. That's what it was like during the whole show. I'll watch it again Saturday night when it's shown on a different channel.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i dont think t'pol used the transporter because there was a chance it could have been noticed on the bridge or something. Or people would have been around that hallway the controls were in.

and i do hope that after the xindi stuff is done, they go back an run into the peaceful people and there are some consequences for archer. not cause im naysaying the show, just cause i think it would make the show seem... more of coming into its own and growing into its own thing.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I agree it was nice to see Casey Biggs back in the ST universe. Although he was nearly unrecognizable.

Totally! For a brief moment, I thought it was Salome Jens under the makeup.

Interesting to see Archer & company justifying their piracy. Not a bad ep! :)

Adrian D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
Do you think my hoping did any good, Mikel?
A good episode, IMO. Lots of things that I liked, and very few that I didn't.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This was only my second attempt at watching an episode this season. And, with about ten minutes remaining in this ridiculously derivative, utterly unimaginative exercise in space-opera (and Trek) cliches, I switched over to my safe haven: PBS.

So I see the Enterprise has been pretty banged up. Don't quite know how that happened (other than my having read previous threads about it) and I don't really care.

This is awful stuff. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's go-through-the-motions, B&B cookie-cutter melodrama and implausible plotting. Star Trek really, really has come to this? You mean we're not dreaming this?

Hell, just destroy the ship in these final few episodes, resurrect the "temporal cold war" nonsense, and "undo" all that has come before these past three years. Wish the NX-01 and her crew to the Cornfield. Unmake this series.

Really, UPN needs to shut this production down. Make this the last season, and put the franchise into suspended animation for a long, long time. The only episode I plan on watching next is the last episode of the series, which I hope is five weeks from now.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
So Jack, stop beating around the bush. I gather you didn't think much of this epsiode? ;)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Well, I missed Enterprise. The latest ep was pretty good, but perhaps it could have been a lot better. Apart from T'Pol's brief scene of defiance, the rest of the crew were too quick to capitulate to Crazy Archer. It might also have been more interesting if Archer had remained separated from the crew, particularly with Crazy T'Pol in charge.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

The few times I have watched this season I have felt the same way. It often surprises me that people think this is good Sci Fi and good Television.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It was pretty darn bad, wasn't it? I was especially struck by how bad it was watching it after Angel; both hours were basically connective tissue, but on Angel you got the sense of a story being told, and that everything the characters did reflected who they were as individuals, as opposed to just position-fillers like the Enterprise characters. Why did "Damage" start and stop when it did? It just seemed random, not the result of an attempt to make a satisfying hour of television.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There was good and bad in this episode, unfortunatly, mostly bad.

While I like seeing the captain doing morally questionable things out of necessity, it is so arch and in capital letters that I can't take it seriously. Farscape did this sort of thing much better, but that's the nature of that series. It just isn't in the nature of Trek to be that way, particularly this show.

BTW, what kept the other ship from warping away? They were able to jump, but the Enterprise couldn't...

Also, the whole T'Pol "addiction" thing really makes her come off as stupid. Ok, you think it makes sense to inject something into yourself that you know causes your kind to deteriorate? I can understand her fear, but that idea wouldn't be the one that I came up with. It just doesn't make sense.

Jason

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Speaking of capital letters, I do find it annoying that whenever Archer wants to make a point, particularly when a crewman questions his decisions and he feels the need to restate his decision, he SIMPLY MAKES HIS SAME POINT AGAIN, BUT LOUDER, and berates his crew for not thinking about the billions of lives on Earth they're responsible for. AS IF his crew wasn't just as aware of that as he is.

He's definately not captain type material of the Picard mold. But these are older times, so whatever.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Gee, I actually enjoyed this episode.

In fact, I thought it was some of the best Trek in a while.

Oh well.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I haven't been keeping up with Enterprise at all (seen maybe two episodes total) but I have to say I really enjoyed "Damage" and will be catching the rest of the season. I enjoyed the ethical dilemma as well as the atmosphere of the ship falling apart around them. Had a nice tinge of desperation to everything. I also found the final battle pretty exciting. All in all I have to say I probably enjoyed that episode more than ST: Nemesis.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

Ah, a new definition for "damning with faint praise."

I watched "Azati Prime" when it first aired because I actually had time to sit down and watch. It was the first "Enterprise" episode I'd watched through to completion since about ep. six of the first season. I thought it was okay, nothing great, nothing too awful, and the cliffhanger was interesting enough to get me to watch the second part....

...which was just complete trash. Awful in every respect. They survive not because of any ingenuity of their own but because the other ships break away. The rationale given for that action in the Xindi council meeting was just ridiculous. Returning Archer to the ship also made no sense other than it was needed for the plot. T'Pol's addiction -- stupid. I didn't see the episode in question where this began, but for her to inject herself with something poisonous to Vulcans is just absurd.

Oh, and the big "moral dilemma." Let's see, Archer left them food, plating that would protect them from the anomalies, and a big fat apology. If these guys had any guts, a couple of episodes from now they would have the Enterprise opbtain a second warp coil somehow and try to find the other ship to give it to them, only to find the ship destroyed. But I'll bet that's the last we ever see of those "convenient" aliens who happen to have exactly what Archer needs and still can be outgunned by a ship that's been half-destroyed.

[Rex whacky color mode]
bad, bad, bad writing, boring characters, idiotic, contrived plot.
[/Rex whacky color mode]

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

People do it every day. That's how seemingly intelligent people start down the road to addiction. Let's have a beer and talk about it (oh, wait...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks