What's new

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 3/03/'04 "Azati Prime" (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Lets not forget the expanse itself has an effect on Vulcans remember the first episode? They lined the shipto protect it from the anomolies but some could still exist.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
The ending reeks of "reset button.''

And, yes, it's obvious. The "temporal cold war'' only comes into play during sweeps. If it's November, February or May, crewman Daniels is sure to be lurking around somewhere.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Yep just like when the borg, dominion, klingons or something else comes around . Its all about sweeps ratings.

Just a little fun fact for everyone. I was watching Nemisis this morning and there is a part right before the big battle where picard and data are looking at a map. It lists 5 federation ships in the group they are supposed to join up with. they are on screen quick so you cant read them. Due to the beauty of a clean pause on DVD the last ship Listed is

USS Archer

The others are Galaxy, Valiant, Hood, Ares

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
bah. scratch that post. I dont want to be a part of anything with him

capt

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Well I think it is fine that the time guy showed up again. I thought it was very likely that the entire Suliban and Time Bad Guys storyline from season one had been jettisoned when they revamped the show.

Admittedly that Temporal Cold War storyline went nowhere, the Suliban were just plain boring as heck, but, if they can somehow tie it in to the much-more-interesting "expanse" plot and do so in a way that makes it all look as if they'd planned it that way all along, great.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I always thought the Expanse becomes the Badlands. I thought I saw a production still for a future episode this season that showed a Bajoran. Just a guess though....

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
I checked this out on the Sunday rerun, first Enterprise I've watched since about the sixth ep of season one (though I caught part of the Borg/Antarctica ep, but didn't watch the whole thing).

Daniels/deus ex machina is just too convenient, and he could solve the problems himself by just yanking the Xindi 400 years into the future and showing them what's happening, along with the Xindi crew on the Enterprise J. I mean, he's already interferring with the past by giving Archer information, so why not go all the way and ensure your goal vis-a-vis the sphere builders? That was idiotic. And where are the temporal cops shown in Voyager from the 29th century (or whenever the hell it was)?

The ending was exciting, sure, woo hoo, blow up lots of stuff! Good sfx, but it reeks of the Year of Hell (I think the last Voyager ep I watched before the finale). I will be very surprised if the Enterprise is allowed to remain as damaged as it is without some convenient temporal reset scenario.

Anyway, my two cents from someone who has little interest in the show and hasn't watched it for quite a while. Maybe now that it's on at 9:00 I'll watch a little more often. I couldn't TiVo it (I have a DirecTV TiVo and can't record UPN off of cable) and just couldn't be bothered to tape it. I have a 4 year old and his bedtime is at 8:30, so watching it was nigh to impossible.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Can you imagine if the writers come out with this crazy notion that Spock was adopted and his real parents are T'Pol and Trip(or Archer)?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Terrible having bad blood like that" Kirk teasing Spock in "Where No Man Has Gone Before". ;)

derek

Second Unit
Why didn't T'Pol offer an unconditional surrender to the reptile Xindi? Clearly they were getting their butts kicked. Did she think they would lay waste to the Enterprise anyway? That sorta contradicts the possibility she held of a diplomatic solution.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I think the Xindi just started firing with the comm. off.

I'm also going for T'Pol's love for Archer. The Vulcans learned to hold their emotions in. It isn't like they have been physically removed, and going from that it isn't much of a stretch to have her break down and cry like she did. Maybe next year she'll move in with him.

If there is a next year. Hey guys, if some of you are sure this is going to be cancelled, what is to stop them from pulling another John Doe and cancelling it now?

Glenn

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't see how the John Doe comparison applies; that one ran to the end of its 22-episode order. Yeah, it had an unresolved cliffhanger (Jay's rule of TV writing: Don't do a cliffhanger without a signed contract for more episodes), but it wasn't cancelled midseason like, say, Jake 2.0.

Actually, I doubt many think Enterprise will be cancelled. I would be a bit surprised if Berman and Braga were still working on it next year, but I believe the last of the season's 24 episodes is at least in advanced pre-production at this point, with guest stars, a director and the like being contracted. There's nothing to gained from shutting it down early for the season.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

Well, considering it was Gene Roddenberry who created the "human-centric" universe of Star Trek in the first place, I find this particular criticism puzzling and lacking any kind of foundation in the context of any of the Star Trek shows, including TOS. I do of course believe that people in general are far too filled with their own self-importance and the importance of our race in the scheme of the universe, but that's a different discussion. Gene Roddenberry created a future where humanity was at the center, and in that particular vision of the future, it is not inaccurate to say that the Federation itself could not exist without mankind.

There are plenty of valid criticisms to level at B&B without bringing in a rather ridiculous, fringe argument that in and of itself is incorrect when applied to the fictional future of the series in question.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I take the view that we are watching "Future History" from the human point of view so naturally everything is going to seem to revolve around us and be skewed, like when a war is won..the victors write the history of it.

The times that we see other races discussing things amongst them selves is a "cheat" in the story meant only to expand it for us.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Let me add to the "wow" folks.

Just caught this one last night. (My local station is running a week behind...sigh.)

Really enjoyed this one. :D Like everyone else, I hope that there isn't a "reset" button to fix up the ship right away. That was quite the pummelling the NX took. :eek:

Yup..that's about right. Although I was thinking about that. Daniels pulls Archer 400 years forward. So that is about 210-220 years ahead of TNG/DS9/VOY time. And they went from the Enterprise E to the J? Boy...not a long lifetime on these starships, is there? ;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's about 40 years per. And when you consider Picard's tendency to go for the auto-destruct, he could run through quite a few on his own. :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I figure what's gonna happen is Enterprise will pull out a phenominal 8 eps in a row...eight eps that will be outstanding the best that ever came from the series....

..and they'll get cancelled.

almost seems preordained.

I agree Azati Prime was very good. And the next show is Entitled Damage so I don't think we'll get a complete reset button

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey I have a great way they can end this vis-a-vis the ships damage, without an actual reset button.

Future Guy goes to Picard's time and along with an assistant they borrow the big Space Dock and transport it back in time to where the Enterprise is, to help rebuild the Enterprise quickly. The assistant is heard telling people to get off the Space Dock, "we need place, need to take place back in time, to save many lives". :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'd like to see them limp about in a damaged less than perfect starship I would like to see the drama and hardship that creates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks