STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 09/17/'03: "Anomaly"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rex Bachmann, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Will Cunningham

Will Cunningham Stunt Coordinator

I didn't love or hate this episode. I think it was ok. I don't have a strong opinion on the anomolies, I am just glad they are being consistant. The vulcan's warned them about anomolies, and they have remained a constant issue since they entered the expanse...not really a full on story arc, but some nice consistancy for a change.

I also was excited when the pirate mentioned trillium-D as the metal that stops the anomolies. The only thing I did not like was that the crew did not try and obtain some while in the sphere, or at least grab stuff they could trade. It was a nice mini-connection to the previous episode.

Trip still having sleeping problems is also the first sign of a character arc. I am becoming cautiously optomistic that the days of "solve everything by the end of the episode" days of Star Trek may be coming to a close allowing for character development.

2. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

It would be a pity if the current season continues it's improvements and no one sees it. Particularly when the popular Smallville airs in October. Hopefully UPN's move to jump start the season earlier then the WB show will help it gather the vibe it needs to lock in a larger fanbase. Judging by the reaction in this forum, I mean the slow reaction to posting comments, shows that there is already a greater erosion to viewership. Overnight ratings according to Trekweb show a slight dip in ratings from last week's "The Xindi".

Overall reaction though has been hugely positive for Anomoly over at Trekweb.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

That's no moon! [​IMG]

A pretty decent episode, actually. Not much to have a problem with here, tho I did find it interesting that all they need to do to recompress the room is open the door. [​IMG] I also would have liked to have seen Malcolm step in.

4. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

It had it's moments and its good that the reset button maybe given a rest. I don't like the angry Archer track but it may go somewhere interesting so I'll bare with it.

It had some stuff that was stupid like Archer throwing things around when he doesn't know what they are and the whole database download thing. How convenient that they had a database with "probably" everything Enterprise wanted to know about the Xindi.

A step in the right direction. Although next weeks looks positively ridiculous. A planet of people that, shock, horror used to be Enterprise. They just can't leave the time travel thing alone can they?

5. Al Shing

Al Shing Stunt Coordinator

The time travel thing went all the way back to first season Star Trek TOS, so they really can't leave it alone. It's an integral part of ST. The best episode of all time was "City on the Edge of Forever", a time travel episode.

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I enjoyed the episode. The reviewer at www.trektoday.com was upset by the way Archer reacted when he decided to put the pirate in the airlock. The reviewer said it was too soon to see Archer "lose it" and no other Trek captain would have done that(Although, Janeway almost did). I say he did what was necessary. Archer has no idea how much time Earth has. And if he has to break the rules to get any new info on the Xindi, he will. I found it more realistic. The reviewer has forgotten that Kirk has broken many rules to help the greater good.

7. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

What was up with the Death Star showing up in the Star Trek universe? [​IMG]

9. Nathan_F

Nathan_F Second Unit

Nathan
    Death Star? Geonosians (the bug-Xindi)... I think the Expanse is actually the Star Wars universe! [​IMG]

10. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

11. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

How funny would it have been when they saw the Sphere that one of the crewmembers says:

"Oh my god, it's the Death Star" Then mentioning "you know from that old scifi movie."

12. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

Did anyone else notice how inthe airlock scene, the action seemed.. i dont know, sped up like they dropped frames to give a jerky motion?

13. Will_B

Will_B Producer

14. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

I didn't like that the pirates knew everything about earthlings despite this being their first contact with this species? They knew where to beam on board, what to take, earthlings being too civilized to torture captives, etc. Shooting out the security mechanism to get the door to the sphere open? How convenient. It was an ok episode if I don't think about it too hard. At least better than the dreck last year.

15. Al Shing

Al Shing Stunt Coordinator

16. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

17. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

I guess I'm the only one that did NOT think Death Star. Why is it than anything metallic and spherical in space is automatically a "death star"? Lucas doesn't have a copyright on outer-space-spherical constructs. Dyson spheres ,for example, were around in sci-fi long before the Death Stars were.

Oh, and that's exactly what I thought when I saw it. DYSON SPHERE! COOL! Then someone on the bridge mentioned that it was only 12 kilometers across.... [​IMG]

Personally, thought it was a good episode. Glad to see Portos again. [​IMG] AngryArcher is a bit much. I hope he doesn't continue to frown and growl all season long. I LOVED the airlock sequence. (Very Kirk-ish..heh.)

I figured that all the anomaly activity would drive the critics of the anomaly in the previous episode nuts, but I can't understand why people have issues with this when it was CLEARLY established that the laws of physics may not apply in the "Expanse". *shrug*

I enjoyed it. [​IMG]

18. doug zdanivsky

doug zdanivsky Supporting Actor

doug zdanivsky

19. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

20. johnbr

johnbr Stunt Coordinator

I am bummed out that they did not blow it up.[​IMG]