STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE 09/10/'03: "The Xindi"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rex Bachmann, Sep 7, 2003.

1. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    episode: #53
    original airdate: September 10, 2003
    writer: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
    director: Allan Kroeker
    synopsis: "Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get caught in a deadly trap, Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), must rush to free them. Meanwhile, T'Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death."
    Notes: Scott MacDonald, who's slated to play the "Xindi-Reptilian", has (sort of) been in this position before

Enterprise's---excuse me!---Star Trek: Enterprise's make-or-break-season beginner.

Does T'Pol give Trip a "love potion", or a naked rubdown in the decon chamber, perhaps?

Onward into that "bold new direction"!

2. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Is this the first episode of the new season? I hadn't even heard it was starting back up yet. And didn't we meet the Xindi before, it sounds familiar.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yup, this is the start of the new fall season for Enterprise. Last season, IIRC, Enterprise had 26 episodes, so if that holds, they need to get an early start on their new season.

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Nope xindi are brand new , suliban are before.

Im looking forward to the new season. I liked the 2nd season finale and see where they go with this

capt

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Nevermind. It's not worth it.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The edited synopsys to more accurately reflect what we're going to see wednesday [​IMG]

Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew have tripped out and gone insane only 7 times. They learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get taken prisoner fucking again. Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), who by now have plenty of experience rescuing Archer's ass from every 3rd race they meet, must rush to free them, completely unlike the LAST 47 times they were captured. Meanwhile, T'Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death, more rubbing in decon.

7. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

You know, I haven't been watching too much TREK on TV for years, but from back in the day, didn't Vulcans avoid physical contact? Yet here I see the Vulcan chick rubbing goo-goos seemingly every other episode preview I catch!

8. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Oh crap! Edmonton's A-Channel moved the show from Tuesday night to Wednesday night! Now I'll have to suffer along with everyone else instead of getting it over with one day earlier! [​IMG]

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

10. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Time to get back on the train.....wreck.

Martin.

11. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Now, now, give it a chance....trekweb.com has links to 2 reviews with spoilers and they give it a solid B, shows promise.

I have not read them, don't want to see spoilers. I look forward to seeing for myself.

12. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

It was completely unfair of me to judge the upcoming season based on past performance! [​IMG]

Martin.

13. Jeff Kleist

Now Martin, we'll have plenty to complain about soon enough [​IMG]

14. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan

15. Jeff Kleist

Yup, Tuvok was a great Vulcan. My personal favorite is Sarek. I always felt a richer turmoil within him than Spock

16. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Why do we keep forgetting that the Vulcans of the NextGen era have several hundred years of evolution on the Vulcans of the Enterprise era?

17. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Joel, that'd be about a couple hundred years. At best, there would be changes in social conventions (and given the rigidity of Vulcan society, not many changes would be likely; my goodness, is this geek territory or what?).

This is part of the bold, exciting, new, and sexy direction the producers are taking Enterprise. Man, less than 24 hours to go!

18. Jeff Kleist

Anyone up for a "you are there" MSTie-ing on IRC? [​IMG]

If there is no Porthos, the REAL star in this ep I'll be very upset

19. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I think the Vulcans change drastically from how T'Pol acts, right about the same time the Klingons will lose their ridges. [​IMG]

20. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I never even watched one whole episode last season. But I'll tune in tonight. I can always change the channel faster than one can say "Engage"!