What's new

Stadium Arcadium (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Brian: Thanks for that. It will be tough deciding between the cool red 150g version or the plane-jane black 180g version.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Thank you very much for making a reference to the petition that I created.

However! The vinyl version of Stadium Arcadium has been mastered by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray. They usually do limited edition audiophile grade reissues of classic Rock and Jazz albums. However, they have mastered Stadium Arcadium for vinyl from the 30 I.P.S. analog master tapes. As Steve Hoffman says, this will be one way to get the album in "master tape quality".

I encourage all RHCP fans dissapointed with the sound of the last 4 albums to at least buy the 150 gram vinyl issue, sell your CD version if you don't want to buy the album twice. Have the LP transfered to CD if need be, but at least let's support this release so that Warner Bros. realises that people want better sound quality, be it vinyl or CD. Let's clear out Warner's warehouses, and in doing so hopefully encourage them to reissue more albums that have been butchered on CD.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Well, I FINALLY had a chance to completely check out the first disc in it's entirety...and with headphones. Wow, I really like it! No, it's not quite on par with the Chili Peppers of old ala BSSM, but it's great nevertheless. It's one of those discs that you can let ride without skipping a track. Also, if you're a John Frusciante fan or a guitarist, I highly recommend checking it out with headphones...there's lots of great stuff in the background that doesn't quite translate to car stereos. I need to listen for these details when I check it out at home on my system.

DustinTaj

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dustin

I absolutely will be buying this vinyl release. 1 - for the sound improvements and 2 - to send a message that high resolution should be offered (I'd prefer SACD, but this will do).

Any word on the release date???

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
No word on release date yet, the band approved test pressings last week, and the discs are currently being pressed. So there should be an announcement very soon.

I also would prefer this proper mastering to be done for digital format, I see no reason why that format couldn't be the regular CDs.

But if the vinyl sells well, then who knows, maybe Warner will revist Californication, By The Way, and the Greatest Hits compilation, which currently sound like varying degrees of terrible.

My guess is Warner Bros. will reissue the older albums soon, because download stores like iTunes currently feature special edition versions of the albums with a range of bonus tracks that are yet to be released on CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks