What's new

ST: Voyager Season 1 Seems Overpriced (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
It was awhile ago, I'm sure it was probably $99 as well.

I'm down to getting season 7 of DS9 then my set is complete. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If you have a Fry's near you, you can get all TNG seasons for $99. Of course, you can get probably get them cheaper online or at eBay.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
A slightly different perspective, since I've been buying R2: the TNG sets are now substantially cheaper on Amazon.co.uk, about 39 pounds, as compared to the 50-60 quid upon release. Sadly, DS9 is still about 63 pounds, which together with the spike in the value of sterling has led me to hold off on buying Seasons 5-7 (I already have 1-4) in the forlorn hope that either the price will drop, or sterling will. But since I still haven't finished S1, I can wait...

I have no idea what Voyager will cost in R2, no doubt it will be equally overpriced and I will wait a long long time before considering. If the price has fallen by then, maybe.

On the other hand, I will buy TOS boxsets immediately upon release. (I never bought the individual releases.)

David Nelson

Auditioning
What Win Joy said earlier hit right close to the mark for me. I loved TOS and TNG, and enjoyed most of the movies. But the movie prices have always been high as well, and Paramount was pretty damn proud of the movie box set too. When TNG appeared on DVD I was very tempted, but I could never justify the pricing. Nothing has changed since then.

Put me in the camp of "If it was 50 - 60 bucks I'd buy it". I bought 24 S1 without seeing it on TV (well, I did Tivo them but my wife deleted several episodes), but I wouldn't have touched it for $100.

I might collect them all if the prices were in line with everything else. I never watched much of DS9 or Voyager but I'd at least give them a try. But not at the current price points.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I'm the same way. I bought the first 3 TNGs at around $95 each before I faced how insane that was. I've since been picking up TNGs and DS9s here and there when I see them cheap at second-hand stores. I've found them as low as $35. Takes a while to fill in the gaps, though!

Paramount needs to wake up.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

I'm hung up on finding DS9 S2, may have to Ebay.

Used market for Voyager may be tougher if virtually no one buys the sets to being with...

John fur

Grip
Hi
can anyone help me with this? i have the star trek voyager season 1 on dvd here is my question the caretaker episode on the ship where jameway is going to fire on the machine then the screen goes to belanna and for a few minutes.her face is blury does this happen to all copies or do i have an issue with mine?

if you would like to my aol instant messenger name is vpk33 to let me know

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks