What's new

Spy Kids SE? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
Has anyone heard of a Spy Kids SE in the works?
After the package that SK2 had I would think that the original would merit a SE edition.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I thought I remember reading that the director just planned on releasing a Trilogy box set which would for sure contain the SE cut of the first Spy Kids.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I hope that Chad is right because I haven't bought these yet!

I remember reading when Spy Kids first came out on DVD that Rodriguez wanted to revisit it as a special edition, he was just unable to do it that way in the first place because of commitments to Spy Kids 2 an a push to get it out on DVD.

I'd buy a trilogy set on day of release!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
There was a special edition release in theaters shortly before the video release with an extra "shark" scene or something. That didn't make it to the DVD, so it's almost certain there will be a new DVD sometime.

James Lambert

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on when a trilogy boxset might be released, as I held off buying the relatively barebones first 2? Considering the great extras on Desperado, El Mariachi, and DDusk till Dawn, I'd hope for a good set.

To answer my own question though, Rodrigeuz seems to be constantly making other films rather than do stuff for his older films

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks