What's new

Spy Kids: SE Not until Christmas 2003 (1 Viewer)

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
According to dark horizons Spy Kids:SE isn't going to come out until Christmas 2003. Robert Rodegiuz (sp?) doesn't people to have to buy twenty different versions of the same movie.
This sucks but I see his point.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I haven't bought Spy Kids yet because I was waiting for the SE. Surely the ideal time to re-release the first film as a SE would be either the theatrical release of Spy Kids 2 or its video release...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I haven't bought Spy Kids yet because I was waiting for the SE.
The original release (despite the shorter cut) is a top notch barebones release. The anamorphic widescreen transfer is incredible. My advice would be to buy the original release and ebay it when the new release is announced.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Since the extended cut hit theaters about the same time the DVD was released, I passed on the DVD and the lower introductory pricing. I hope I still remember I want to see this when the extended version finally comes out on DVD. Anyhow, the current release is now too expensive for my taste.

BooneG

Stunt Coordinator
Since the extended cut hit theaters about the same time the DVD was released, I passed on the DVD and the lower introductory pricing. I hope I still remember I want to see this when the extended version finally comes out on DVD. Anyhow, the current release is now too expensive for my taste.
The original dvd just had a price cut not too long ago. You can either try Best Buy or go to somewhere where you can get it used. It'll be worth it.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Anyhow, the current release is now too expensive for my taste.
It's $13.80 delivered from DeepDiscountDVD right now. Not so bad if you like it. I think it's probably $14.99 at B&M stores like BestBuy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The original dvd just had a price cut not too long ago. You can either try Best Buy or go to somewhere where you can get it used. It'll be worth it.
Took the words right out of my mouth. A week ago today it got knocked down to $14.99, and I picked it up finally. My sons likes the film too much to force him to wait for an SE that may or may not ever show up. Add in the $2 discount coupon out of a Best Buy "Warcraft III" coupon book, and they had themselves a deal. There are also some "Back-To-School" coupon books floating around some Best Buy stores, with $3-off coupons for DVDs in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks