What's new

Spy Kids 3D: Game Over (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Stallone recently divulged some interesting facets to his Toymaker character in this new USA Today piece.

There's some more good Stallone stuff in there. It's amazing that I still like this actor - yet I really do. Weird.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Where did this RUMOR get started that SPYKIDS 3-D was even considered for IMAX screens?

Currently, SPY KIDS is only getting contracted for 35mm (red /blue) and DLP theatres.

Now... It is rumored that IMAX and other LARGE screen format theatres will present a 35mm print.

Dugger

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
The buzz on this one couldn't have been better when the trailer played in front of FINDING NEMO.

Parents, kids...they all went nuts over it.

I'd say it has a shot at a $50-60 million opening weekend, if on enough screens.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The IMAX thing wasn't ever really a rumor, more like a wish.

They could easily do an IMAX version in which the 3-D sequences could be available in either polarized or field sequential 3-D, just like the numerous IMAX 3-D movies have been.

I think it is too bad they are using the red/blue format, which won't impress anyone over the age of 5. However, I do understand the logistics and why they made the decision to do so (cost, simplicity).

The worst part is this is going to cement the *incorrect* notion that most people have, which is that most 3-D movies used this inferior red/blue projection system.

Actually it has rarely been used for movies, instead being more suitable for comic books or other print media. 99% of all 3-D movies, black and white or color, were originally released in polarized (clear lens glasses) format. THE MASK and FREDDY'S DEAD are exceptions, but like SPY KIDS, they were flat films with 3-D sequences inserted. A few movies were downconverted to red/blue for re-issue or video and TV broadcasts, but the results were poor and did not look anything like the original versions.

Anyone wanting to see good 3-D should not go to SPY KIDS but instead see SPACE STATION in IMAX 3-D; or even check out the big 3-D fest in LA this September, where 33 of the 3-D classics from the 1950's will be shown in the original dual projector polarized format! www.3dfilmfest.com

Speaking of movie gimmicks, I heard the new RUGRATS movie is in Odorama, complete with scratch and sniff cards! Is this true?

Scott Ware

Stunt Coordinator
What you heard about Rugrats it indeed true. Scratch and Sniff cards can be picked up at participating Blockbuster Video stores. Then, during the film, an indicator comes up with a number so that the audiance knows when to scratch and sniff. Yes, it's just as lame as it sounds.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
The best 3D I ever saw was at Disney's MGM theme Park, and it totally blew me away. I guess it was the polarized flavor. (sponsored by Kodak) This was in 1993.

There was simply no way to resist the urge to reach out and try to grab the images hovering inches in front of your face.

Does anyone know if it's still there?

I also remember a muppet show in 4-D, which was awesome too. The 4th dimension was water sprayed on the audience when the character shot water on screen, or huge fans turned on when the character turned on a vaccuum. Hilarious stuff.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Wow, they make you get the Rugrats cards at Blockbuster instead of handing them out at the theatres? At least with SPY KIDS, they'll have the glasses at the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks