What's new

Spiders - do they creep you out? (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter

Did someone mention crickets?...

A Potato Bug, also known as the Jerusalem Cricket. They get up to 2 1/2 inches in length and they bite.

Julie K

Screenwriter
I haven't been able to see your image for some time now Erik. I was able to at first, but then the camel spiders must have run away...like right into an unwary sleeper's bed...

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Yeah, if you look at the GI's cuff next to camel spiders they are maybe the breadth of an adult hand with legs and all. The spooky part is he's also got his face right up next to them (top of the shot.) Yuck!

No fear of spiders, but I can't stand cockroaches. My wife and her family are huge spider freaks, it's a good match. Once they got me out of a shower to kill a spider in their living room. It was a baby one so I caught it in my hand and threw it outside in the bushes (still living.) They didn't know if I should be shunned for this madness or revered as some sort of fearless spider killer demi-god :D

Every spider fearer should marry or know a spider masher like me, I'll kill anything that invades my house.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

I think the hits generated by this website are killing the server... Im unable to reach the page as well...

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

I get the sense you're the kinda guy who, given the chance, would PUT that cricket in my pants...

:)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I once worked with a guy that placed a dead (2"+ long) cockroach he found on a girls lunch that she was cooking in a microwave. When she opened that door to get her lunch I believe the store froze in fear from her scream. I fell to the floor laughing hysterically.

Of course, he had to buy her lunch that day.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
F*ck! The size of those spiders! I'd probably drop dead of fright just seeing one galloping towards me! Sheet! :eek:
Like many others I have arachnophobia something bad, I can't even kill them, I can't even look at their dead crushed bodies. I've had spiders drop onto my shoulder while I'm reading in bed, watch me fly off the bed!:)
I usually get my Sandra to dispose of them while I cower in the corner, brrr.

DwightK

Second Unit
All fun and games eh?

I'm currently dealing with a Hobo Spider bite and it isn't very fun. Hobo site is a good site for those who happen to live where they reside. If you have the guts, click on the poisoning link to see what happens when they bite. It is not pretty.

Mine is not near that bad as it didn't rupture and turn black (yet) but it will take a month or more to heal. Still a hard red sore about an inch across that hurts.

Worse is the Brown Recluse but they don't live in Idaho.

I catch Hobo's in traps all through the year with certain times being worse than others. Cats are immune and eat them. As do Catface spiders. Don't kill them!

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Good lord, you got bitten by one of those?

Ugh, awful awful stuff. I particular like the fact that the page stresses on how the best way to control hobo spider population is.........other competing spiders species :angry:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I like spiders. I don't keep them as pets or anything, but I don't kill them either. We often visit a friend who has a vacation house on a lake in Maine. There are a lot of spiders all around the outside of the house, living near the gutters. At first we were freaked out, because they're big and there are so many of them, but after a short while we realized that because of the spiders, we could sit outside on the porch and not have to worry about getting bit by mosquitos or anything. The spiders were big and fat and left us alone, so we left them alone.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Has anyone seen that VH1 Storytellers with Dave Matthews? He tells a hilarious story about a friend coming over to his house and having a cricket crawl up his butt while he on the toilet and cling to it. It was on a few years ago.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
That's nothing, check these out!

http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/...&postid=173668

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

They're huge!

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Spiders freak me out so bad that I haven't been able to look at this thread. I went straight to the end without looking just to post this.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Thank God for snopes.

If I were in Iraq and one of those bastards came running toward me, I'd empty a clip into it screaming, "Game over, man! Game over!!"

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Funny spider story:

My brother is deathly afraid of spiders. One night he and his girlfriend were coming home in his large GMC truck...when he got in the driveway, a spider came down from the visor and freaked him out so he jumped out of the truck.

What he didn't realize was the truck was still in drive (with his girlfriend still in the passengers seat) and the truck crashed into our garage door. :D My moms van was in the garage and it took us forever to get it out of there since the garage door was destroyed.

It's amazing what spiders can do to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks