Spider-Man Deluxe Edition & Spider-Man Superbit

Discussion in 'DVD' started by EricTB, May 22, 2004.

1. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I think such synching is totally unnecessary. I never listen to commentaries as I watch the movies - I tape them and listen to them in the car. Very rarely do I encounter a comment SO specific that I don't know to what they refer, but 99.99% of the time, the lack of visuals aren't an issue. Listening in the car is much more time effective and enjoyable - I'd hate to be stuck in front of the TV just for a commentary...

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I think such synching is totally unnecessary. I never listen to commentaries as I watch the movies - I tape them and listen to them in the car. Very rarely do I encounter a comment SO specific that I don't know to what they refer, but 99.99% of the time, the lack of visuals aren't an issue. Listening in the car is much more time effective and enjoyable - I'd hate to be stuck in front of the TV just for a commentary...

3. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

They did do that with the Mask of Zorro superbit, the "superbit deluxe" version. It had the superbit version as the first disc and the extras disc from the special edition release. It would be nice if they did that some more.

4. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

They did do that with the Mask of Zorro superbit, the "superbit deluxe" version. It had the superbit version as the first disc and the extras disc from the special edition release. It would be nice if they did that some more.

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I'm currently watching Spider-man Superbit (own the previous gift set) and am watching with the DTS track. I'm getting no shortage of bass on my Panny RP91/NAD T762/Energy e:XL-S12 subwoofer setup. And it does feel a bit tighter than what I remember the original DVD sounding like--I watched that one about 3-4 times all the way through but I admit I don't have any measuring equipment (or time or desire) to A/B the two.

6. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I'm currently watching Spider-man Superbit (own the previous gift set) and am watching with the DTS track. I'm getting no shortage of bass on my Panny RP91/NAD T762/Energy e:XL-S12 subwoofer setup. And it does feel a bit tighter than what I remember the original DVD sounding like--I watched that one about 3-4 times all the way through but I admit I don't have any measuring equipment (or time or desire) to A/B the two.

7. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Although I understand where you're coming from in the interest of time and in terms of a reviewer having a lotta discs to watch/listen to, from an enjoyment/consumer's/film buff perspective, I disagree.

Granted, commentary production has changed quite a bit over the past few years. For instance, it's more frequent now to have "commentaries" involving many, many people cobbled together from a variety of non-screen-specific sources. (I think the T2 UE perhaps began this and the LOtRs take it to another level . . .?).

But one of my fave commentaries remains Kevin Costner panned to left channel and his partner Jim Wilson panned to right on the very screen-specific Dances With Wolves. When Kevin talks about such-and-such two-shot, I prefer seeing exactly what he's referring to. Also, I often turn on subtitles when listening to a commentary and make it an opputrunity to kinda sorta watch the movie again.

-p

8. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Although I understand where you're coming from in the interest of time and in terms of a reviewer having a lotta discs to watch/listen to, from an enjoyment/consumer's/film buff perspective, I disagree.

Granted, commentary production has changed quite a bit over the past few years. For instance, it's more frequent now to have "commentaries" involving many, many people cobbled together from a variety of non-screen-specific sources. (I think the T2 UE perhaps began this and the LOtRs take it to another level . . .?).

But one of my fave commentaries remains Kevin Costner panned to left channel and his partner Jim Wilson panned to right on the very screen-specific Dances With Wolves. When Kevin talks about such-and-such two-shot, I prefer seeing exactly what he's referring to. Also, I often turn on subtitles when listening to a commentary and make it an opputrunity to kinda sorta watch the movie again.

-p

9. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

But this isn't a Superbit Deluxe.

10. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

But this isn't a Superbit Deluxe.

11. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Yup, that's what I mean. That works in situations like the original Charlie's Angels, which had all of the supplements on one disc...

12. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Yup, that's what I mean. That works in situations like the original Charlie's Angels, which had all of the supplements on one disc...

13. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Dan: I've amended the post in question for clarity, but I was referring to Greg_T's mention of Zorro not Spider-Man. -p

14. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Dan: I've amended the post in question for clarity, but I was referring to Greg_T's mention of Zorro not Spider-Man. -p

15. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Yep.....same problem with the SB on the Sony DAV-C450. Not really a big problem though as it appears only in that one instance in the film. I'll have to check it on my Sony 7700 to see if it occurs there as well.

edit.....checked the same scene with my 7700- no subtitle glitch. I guess this only affects certain players.

16. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

The subtitle thing happened twice for me. First time was during the wrestling scene. Second time was when GG and spider-man were on the roof, I think.