What's new

Spider-Man Coming to DVD on November 1, 2002 (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Ok, this is really irritating. We know the regular cover art is real, but is that truly some sort of cover art for a future Superbit Deluxe version of Spiderman? Stop confusing people.

Regards,
Dan

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Superbit cover isn't real.

But I sure as heck wouldn't mind it. It looks better than the other release. Heck, I'd just like to see a Deluxe Edition or whatever of the movie with that poster art (though it was pulled for using the Chrysler Building without permission and then a 2nd time for having WTC in Spidey's eyes).

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Aaryn,

I don't appreciate you saying that my site created something such as that to confuse people.

We didn't create that image despite it having our stamp on it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What's the delay time on the Superbit? I'm worried about losing the commentary tho. Descisions descisions

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

WARNING

Guys, use your heads here.
Don't post altered images of product that
isn't yet announced and don't spread false
rumours about sources of such pictures either.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The back of the case looks pretty good. Though I wouldn't have minded if it were less read and had an action shot.

I'm sure hoping there's a Deluxe Version (though better than the MIB and Stuart Little versions). I'm a bit disappointed by the specs. There's no behind the scenes documentaries other than promotional TV specials.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Ray
I would not worry about that, I think that by the time SpiderMan 2 rolls around we might get to see that anyway.
I had hoped that with the Collector's Edition, they include an audio commentary with Stan Lee & Tobey Maguire, but that is wishful thinking on my part.
:D

Bill Hunt

Insider
This is in response to Johnny G earlier in this thread. That IS the DVD cover artwork direct from Columbia TriStar. You have to remember that the Bits often gets cover artwork from the studio VERY early (as do other sites), for use in our Upcoming Artwork section and my column in Widescreen Review. But it's never final until you see it on the store shelf. Changes can be made for good reason by the studio after they give us the original art. Happens all the time.

By the way, for everyone - Columbia TriStar will not officially confirm whether or not the disc will have the WTC teaser trailer. It may be on there and they just don't want to stir up controversy, or it may not and they don't want to get everyone stirred up anyway. Just FYI.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Just to back up Bill here, those high-res covers that were posted did come directly from Columbia as did the back of the box.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Bill // Jeremy
The back cover and those menushots are absolutely amazing.
If the WTC Trailer is on the disc fine, if not then it is not the end of the world either.
:D

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ovies_eo/10252
great article about the dvd plus some other comments about dvds from Peter Bracke, of dvdfile fame
------------------------------------------------------------
Still, videophiles say Sony's superhero is the title to beat. "I think Spider-Man's going to be the biggest-selling title in the fall," says Peter Bracke, editor of DVDfile.com. "Episode II didn't quite cross over to the mainstream as everyone expected it to, and I think Men in Black II is fading fast."
People are somewhat disappointed with the catalogue coming out, with the exception of Back to the Future. There's no Star Wars, no Indiana Jones. There are really not too many exciting big catalogue titles coming out," adds Bracke. "It's more and more new releases."
------------------------------------------------------------
I don't agree with that statement at all. There is so much coming out. I am looking forward to Trading Places (too bad barebones), Spider Man (ofcourse), the Fog and others.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Personally, I'm looking foward to Spidey, SW2, FOTR 4 disc, Beauty & the Beast, and BTTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks