What's new

Spider-man 3 - On Going Developments (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
It's certainly turning more into a Alvin Sargent movie after this news especially as he also wrote much of the original as well, although uncredited

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Wow, that sounds so much like what he said a long time ago, except now he says he's chosen, but won't tell us.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here's another update

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8225

CS: You've decided on the Spider-Man 3 villain. Has he been established in your previous films or starting a new story?

Raimi: Actually, I'm not at liberty to say because I think Sony corporation, they're very particular about the presentation of the Spider-Man story aspects to the press. So it's really in their hands. When they decide they want to release the villain, I think then they'll make some formal presentation. They'll probably have a mock up of what he looks like and announce the actor that they're going to cast. I think because they've done this in the past. I haven't yet talked to them about it if that's how they want to put it forward, so I don't think I'm at liberty to say?

CS: What is the theme?

Raimi: I can't say yet. I'm sorry.

CS: You don't know?

Raimi: No, I know. But I want to allow Sony really to say when they want to say what aspects of the film they want to put out to the public. I think they're just thinking it's way too early and people have just had enough of Spider-Man for the time being. They want to give him a rest. And when it comes time in a year or year and a half to start talking about that movie, to start getting the audience interested, I think then they want to probably make their presentation around then.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
" And when it comes time in a year or year and a half to start talking about that movie....."

It'll leak before then:)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Curb Your Enthusiasms Larry David has said hes been approached to play a role in Spidey 3 :)

He didn't give any details.

Real Name
Anthony
Ha ! I've been saying for ages that Larry David would be perfect for the vulture but I was only joking !
Could it actually be coming true ??! I doubt it - but what a bold bit of casting that'd be.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
And people who considered the lack of Gwen Stacy in the original movie will go even more ballistic over a move like that. There's no grounds for it, it's not true to the spirit of the movies, the spirit of the comics, or to an event in the comics. Some movies need darkness, but there's nothing wrong with just having fun with them as well. Spidey doesn't need that kind of anguish and torment to succeed as a movie, it does just fine the way it is.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The other thing is, when Gwen Stacy died, there was another comic the next month (or even, depending on how many Spider-Man titles Marvel was running at the time, the next week) where we could see Peter mourn, deal with the result, etc. In the movies, though, it'd be three years before we revisited the character. That type of plot works great in a serial, but not so well in the very episodic feature environment.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They already played out the Gwen Stacy scenario in the first movie, with a different character and different results. No need to rehash it.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I think the movie should begin with the marriage of Peter and Mary Jane. During the course of their honeymoon love making, Peter bites Mary Jane and she becomes suffused with the same spider-DNA as Peter. The next morning, Mary Jane wakes up and is seized with a sudden desire to kill Peter and lay eggs on his corpse. The she goes to live in a barn and she helps a pig name Wilbur.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I'd pay money to see that, but only if it was rated NC-17 with a Kirstin Dunst full-frontal nude scene. Probably be kinda creepy though. Does she make Wilbur into bacon at the end of it?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

i just picked up the Essential 5th volume last week (solid run of issues in that volume starting off with a bang with the death of Capt Stacy story) and going back thru them i get the exact opposite point about this character.
moments of happiness and (satisfaction?) seem to be relatively few and far between.
i stopped reading or much following the comic once they came up with the black suit, so i don't know how the character may have changed over the last 20 years (good grief! until i typed that i hadn't realized it had been that long), but Pete to me was the original guy who could never catch a break.
or at least for every 2 out of 3 issues (it seemed) by the last panel, no matter what great adversity he had triumphed over in the course of the story, Pete had a reason to be bummed about something.
hell, i always took that as part of the primary appeal of the character.

as far as them already playing out the death of gwen storyline- i disagree.
what they payed homage to in the first film was how that scene was staged.
the big reason that remains such a milestone event in that characters career, is that it was a major event that took away a major character for good- and it was completely unexpected.
if they do intend to kill off MJ (i have no particular opinion one way or the other yet, it would all depend on how everything else works on screen), the best thing they could have done was to homage the Gwen death scene already- so now if/when the big sequence comes, it too will have the shock of the unexpected (although most people will already have spoiled the damn thing long before its released anyway- but the best way to come to grips with that problem would be to kill her off at the end of the first act)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I hope thats not true.

BC is lame, theres plenty of better villians, we'd all rather see.

Batman Returns did the female villian in love with superhero thing already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks