What's new

Spider-Man 2 or Spider-Man 2 Super Bit (1 Viewer)

Don

Second Unit
which one might be Better to Buy. i Know one of them is Supposed to be a 2 disc set. but i'm not sure about the Super Bit one. Don,

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I'm going with the Superbit version for the slightly better resolution and DTS track. If I find out the extras are something I might be interested in, I may buy the 2-disc version sometime in the future after the inevitable price drop(I believe you can get the original Spiderman 2-disc BOX SET for $19.99 nowadays at Best Buy!)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
there was a review of the 'regular' R4 disc somewhere, and the video was said to be exceptional.
i also just read a review for the Underworld superbit (on the DVD Movie Guide site) that said the video looked nearly identical to the earlier release.

granted PAL is higher res in itself, but i was all set to get the SB, and now i will definitely wait for 2 or three opinions on this.
most likely the regular edition is going to be discounted much more heavily, and in the case of this film, i would probably enjoy going thru the extra material at some point.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
I don't have DTS playback capabilities, so it just depends if the Superbit has a whole heck-of-a-lot better picture. 10 bucks says that they're near-identical.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I will be buying both the 2-disc and SB versions. Going on the astromonical improvement in PQ between the standard and SB "Spider-man" (plus the DTS track), the SB is a no-brainer (for me, at least). Then there are the supplimental materials (most importantly, the theatrical trailers) on the 2-discer.....

Matthew J

Agent
I'm waiting for review of the 2 Disc PQ And Audio, if that fairs well I'll be getting that and saving on getting a "high quality" version til Blu-Ray....or until I cave in and buy the Superbit too anyway, loved this movie

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

good point.
the differences between the regular and SB will be incremental compared to the benefits to be gained from going to full HD (save for the DTS track).
and i'm am 100% convinced that the Spiderman films will be among the first releases from C/TS on Blue-Ray/HD-DVD.

which is probably the big reason they are releasing both editions the same day.

S-M2 on a HD disc is not that far off.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
After much thought, I have decided to go with the 2 disc. Since the "2.5" version is more Sony's call than Raimi's, I'll skip it. Superbit sounds nice, and I do love DTS, but the bonus features, no matter how crappy they may be, beat out this time.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I'm buying the Superbit and renting the 2-disc SE(for only $1 at Hollywood) so I can watch the special features. I never watch bonus materials more than once anyway(except for the Star Wars DVDs) so it would be stupid for me to buy the release with inferior picture and sound quality. I'm just glad they're actually releasing the SB the same time as the normal release for once so I don't even have to think about "double dipping". :emoji_thumbsup:

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Joe, 11/30.

I'm buying the 2-Disc, I do like DTS but the DD track will be fine. Commentary and Extras win out here.

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Super-bit, slightly better resolution and the DTS track are more important to me than extras I will never watch (I'm not big on extras).

DustinPizarro

Stunt Coordinator
As one of my favorite movies for 2004, it will be hard to pass up on the extras. But picture quality and DTS also rate high on my preference scale so I'll be going with the Superbit. But I also noticed that they don't issue as many Superbits compared with the regular edition so I can probably pick up the regular edition if the price goes down. However I'll probably be triple-dipping when Spiderman 2.5 and Blu-Ray DVD edition comes out.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I'll be getting the 2 disc set to match my Spider-Man 1 set, and because it will hold one of the greatest trailers I have EVER seen. Seriously, every time I see the Spidey 2 Theaterical Trailer, I get the chills.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
i have decided that if rami admits 2.5 is money grabbing and that he doesn't really want it then its staying in the stores

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks