What's new

Spider-Man 2 DVD Reviews - when? (1 Viewer)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Couple more questions:

Does anyone know what'll be on the bonus DVD for Spider-Man 2. I have a gut feeling it'll be just episodes from the CGI series.

For those who have gotten the DVD, did an insert come with it? And how do the menus look? Are the extras an improvement over the first releases (I hope they are)?

Also, anyone notice they switched the color themes for the "Full Screen" and "Widescreen" banners on the Spider-Man 2 DVD?

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Jim

Yes there is an insert with the Chapters listed
Menus are quite basic really which is a good thing IMO.

The extras are a HUGE improvement over the first Spiderman. Excellent documetaries.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply! I'm looking forward to seeing some Region 1 reviews now! Good to know this seems like a solid DVD releases!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up about the change, since I'm an obsessive nit-picking bastard I won't be buying this.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

In my R1 copy...there is just a picture of Doc Ock, and on the reverse are DVD reccomendations. No listings for chapters however.

I just bought it a few minutes ago.

David L

Agent
:emoji_thumbsup: Ok, here we go. Found the Superbit Spiderman 2 dvd. Nice cover, not your usual silver/metallic superbit. This one is darker and resembles the "sacrifice" movie poster and spidey's costume webbing reflects the "silver/metallic" of superbit. Nice touch.

I can honestly say the superbit of Spidey2 blows away the superbit of Spidey 1. I did notice Raimi appears to "light" Peter differently that the other characters and in those scenes I notice some of the grain present in the first film. The opening credits were flawless. I have not noticed any edge enhancement. :D

The DTS, well, it speaks for itself. Prepare to be blown away. The fusion experiment...the glass breaking and flying toward Mrs. Octavius...incredible! Surrounds very active during Spidey's web-swinging scenes and the subway chase....demo material baby. I also noticed Doc Ock's arms flying through my surround speakers in the hospital scene, scary! Great stuff, that DTS, I like it! :D

I haven't seen the non-superbit, so I can't do a comparison, but for me the DTS was a no-brainer. Thanks Columbia, for saving me the double-dip. I only hope now the 2.5 doesn't have DTS-ES!

Johnny Jr.

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the bonus disc was listed on the futureshop website a while ago. The website said that it contained the VH1 special of spider-man 2.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I now know why there are no reviews for spidey 2.. it seems that sony has placed the big letters of property of sony throughout the movie.. so no one can copy the movie.. Link Removed has a reason for no review on the seinfield dvds.. same reason.

JACOB

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Good for James Plath and the fine folks at DVD Town. I wouldn't do it either.

Great little article, by the way!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Argh, why must they make us choose between quality and quantity? In a two-disc set, we could have both. Superbit on disc one, extras on disc two.

Is that so hard?

greg_t

Screenwriter
No, but then they wouldn't get multiple sales. There are those who may well buy both. Don't forget, it's all about finding ways to maximize sales.

greg_t

Screenwriter
No, but then they wouldn't get multiple sales. There are those who may well buy both. Don't forget, it's all about finding ways to maximize sales.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Greg, I'm only going to read one of your posts. The picture quality of your second is slightly superior, and I don't care about extras. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks