What's new

Spider-Man 2 DVD Reviews - when? (2 Viewers)

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

Well, there's a very high probability that all the extras from the original disc will be carried over to the 2.5 edition.

I am a big fan of the first one but the sequel was a major disappointment - so I'll probably get the 2.5 version (after all there is hope that the third one might be as good as the first). There's no way I'm going to double-dip on this one.

David Ruiz

Second Unit

While it is true that PAL does in fact offer more resolution than NTSC, that won't necessarily make it the better choice over the NTSC Superbit Version. One reason, is that the non-Superbit PAL disc, is heavily filtered of fine detail, simply because Sony does this to all their DVDs. Since the NTSC Superbit, has less filtration, it should clearly come out on top, even though, it doesn't have the resolution of the PAL DVD.

Now if the PAL DVD were a Superbit, then that would clearly be the winner in terms of picture quality.

But let's not forget that PAL has a 4% speed-up, making voices and sound effects sound horrible, not to mention that the entire film will be shorter, and play at the wrong speed. Even if there was a PAL Superbit, I'd much rather go with the NTSC Superbit, since it would play at the correct speed, instead of everything being sped-up.

Heinz W

Second Unit

I'm not so sure about those stores in Tim's second sentence. I asked the clerk at FYE if they were getting any SB versions of Spiderman 2 and she said no. She did add one SB version to their order for me, which I thought was cool and told me it should be there on release day.

Looks like I won't have to go to an e-tailer for Spidey 2 SB after all. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
I'm amazed to find there are reviews of Spidey2 knocking around - especially PAL reviews. Our site was told in no uncertain terms by CTHE that there would be no review copies, not no way not no how because of piracy concerns. Maybe it's just a UK thing...

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im hoping Costco will have the SB. Im renting the bonus disc of the regular version from Netflix.

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
I went to CC dot com and BB dot com to check on the availability of the Superbit version and to pre order it for pick up on the day of release. :D

Both claim to offer it and both offer pre order.

CC is asking $29.96 USD with no promotional offers etc...

BB is asking $20.99 USD and is giving a $5.00 "digital coupon" to be used on future BB dot com purchases.

I'm not hyping the deal. I have nothing to gain from it.

Just trying to help.

If this is against forum policy please remove. I figured that it is O.K. since it will end up being posted on the coupons and bargains page anyway if it isn't already.

Heinz W

Second Unit

No. Not near, about 45min or so away. Besides, the BB I go to when I'm in the area usually has a very spotty selection of SB titles. I'm usually stuck with Amazon, etc. FYE is the only B&M store with any kind of selection in my town. Good selection, but generally high prices. Then there's Walmart. That's it.

So if I can guarantee SB Spidey 2 on release day I'll pay slightly more at FYE than I would online.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Why did you cancell your preorder on spidey 2. sony is not going to delay the release of spidey 2 on dvd because of the lawsuit. It has nothing to do with the dvd of spidey 2 being released!

JACOB

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I think he's mad at Marvel for being so petty and suing due to some likenesses so he's boycotting the product - that's my interpretation, at least...

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
Marvel has the right to protect their property. They created the characters.

JACOB

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Troy,
You're Yammy will work just fine. Both BlueRay and HD-DVD are both going to be using the same Dolby Digital and DTS. They are just going to be less compressed is all.
Right now DVD is required to have atleast a Dolby Digital or PCM track as audio. I believe Blue Ray has adopted DTS as the mandatory track meaning all Blue Ray discs will have to have a DTS track.

But I can't see either DVD formats excluding one or the other. I think Dolby offers more flexibility as it includes the allowances of features such as Dynamic Range Control flags when encoding and so forth.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
andy blu ray will have a dts++ and dolby+ sountrack choice the white papers on both formats are on the respective sites and well worth a read.

back to the dvd im getting the r1 gift set and the r2 superbit till blu-ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks