SPHE Press Release: The Pillars of the Earth (Blu-ray/DVD)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein

“This adaptation of Ken Follett's dense and engrossing blockbuster novel set in

12th-century England is done beautifully…The performances shine…”

-New York Daily News

“Sexy, sinister and insanely addictive.”

-OK Magazine

Starring Donald Sutherland, Ian McShane, Matthew Macfadyen and Rufus Sewell

Based on Ken Follett’s Worldwide Best-Selling Novel, The Eight-part Miniseries Event Arrives on Blu-ray® and DVD November 23rd

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[FONT= 'times new roman']Culver City, Calif.[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']October 12, 2010)[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman'][/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']On November 23[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']rd[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman'], Sony Pictures Home Entertainment brings one of the major television events of the year to Blu-ray® and DVD. [/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']The Pillars of The Earth,[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman'] the eight-part Starz miniseries, is an enduring love story masterfully entwined with political turmoil, set against a backdrop of war, religious strife and power struggles in 12th century England. Based on Ken Follett’s worldwide best-selling novel, [/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']The Pillars of The Earth[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman'] boasts an all-star cast that includes: Ian McShane (TV’s “Deadwood,” [/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']Sexy Beast[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']), Rufus Sewell ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']The Holiday[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']), Matthew Macfadyen ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']Robin Hood[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']), Eddie Redmayne ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']The Good Shepherd[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']), Hayley Atwell ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']The Duchess[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']), Sarah Parish ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']Merlin[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']), Natalia Worner, Tony Curran (TV’s “24”), Donald Sutherland ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']The Italian Job[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']) and Alison Pill ([/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']Milk[/FONT][FONT= 'times new roman']). [/FONT]

The Pillars of the Earthis directed by three-time DGA award-winner Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (TV’s “Heroes) and executive produced by Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, David Rosemont, Jonas Bauer, Tim Halkin, Michael Prupas, David W. Zucker, and Rola Bauer. Ken Follett’s book, first published in 1989, has sold more than 14 million copies worldwide and has been published in more than 30 languages. The three-disc uncut set includes three all-new featurettes and will be available for $59.95 SRP for the DVD and $69.95 for the Blu-ray.

Ken Follett’s best-selling novel is brought to life in a star-studded and critically-acclaimed eight-part miniseries! Emerging from the war-torn shadows of England’s Dark Ages, an idealistic mason, Tom Builder (Sewell) sets out on a quest of erecting a glorious Cathedral bathed in light. But when that light threatens to illuminate the dark secrets of ambitious Bishop Waleran Bigod (McShane) and the battling progeny of King Henry, Queen Maud (Pill) and King Stephen (Curran), they’ll stop at nothing to keep those secrets safe! The epic miniseries event also stars Matthew MacFadyen stars as Prior Philip, Hayley Atwell as the beautiful noblewoman Aliena and Donald Sutherland as Bartholomew.

Bonus Features Include All-New Featurettes:

• The Making of The Pillars of the Earth
    • Visual Effects Progression
    • Main Titles Progression

The Pillars of the Earth has a run time of approximately 428 minutes and is NOT RATED. Artwork and clips are available for downloading at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog #36058

UPC Code:043396360587

Order Date:10/21/10

DVD Catalog #36055

UPC Code:043396360556

Order Date:10/21/10

2. benbess

benbess Cinematographer

Sep 8, 2009
    Ben Hufbauer
    I liked this show a lot.

SERENDIPITY Auditioning

Sep 18, 2010
    I have now added "The Pillars of the Earth" to my list of DVDs to watch as I walk, nowhere, on my treadmill.

It sounds very intriguing, with enough suspense to keep me interested in its conclusion. Fred R. Way, Jr.