SPHE Press Release: Married...with Children: The Complete Ninth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    The Crazy Misadventures Continue When
    the Bundys Return to DVD August 19

MARRIED … WITH CHILDREN:
    THE COMPLETE NINTH SEASON

Starring Ed O’Neill, Katey Sagal, Christina Applegate,
    David Faustino, Amanda Bearse, and Ted McGinley

All 28 Episodes Available in a Three-Disc Boxed Set

Culver City, Calif. (June 9, 2008) – The Bundy clan returns to dish up a huge helping of hilarity when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts Married … with Children: The Complete Ninth Season on DVD August 19. The three-disc set features all 28 episodes of the ultimate ‘80s classic comedy series starring the less than loveable and most unforgettable Bundys - Ed O’Neill (TV’s “John from Cincinnati”), Katey Sagal (TV’s “8 Simple Rules”), Christina Applegate (TV’s “Samantha Who?”), David Faustino (National Lampoon’s Pucked), Amanda Bearse (Give or Take an Inch), and Ted McGinley (TV’s “Hope & Faith”), along with guest stars Eric Dane (TV’s “Grey’s Anatomy”), Golden Globe® winner Keri Russell (Waitress, TV’s “Felicity”), All-Star catcher Mike Piazza and Hall-of-Famer Dave Winfield. The series will be available for $39.95 SRP.

This season presents a whole new set of offbeat antics, starting with Bud becoming Al’s driving instructor when Al needs to renew his license and Kelly’s bad skin ruining her beer commercial. Peggy and her pals decide to crash the men’s trip to a strip club, while Kelly agrees to be the prom date for a 12-year-old. Also included this season is Married…with Children’s 200th episode special Get the Dodge Out of Hell plus the Best of the Bundys episode.

Married … with Children premiered on FOX April 5, 1987, and lasted for 267 episodes over 11 seasons. The series was nominated for seven Golden Globes® and seven Emmy Awards® over the course of its run, including Best Actor and Best Actress nominations for Ed O’Neill and Katey Sagal.

Married … with Children: The Complete Ninth Season episodes include:

Shoeway to Heaven Kelly Takes a Shot
    Driving Mr. Boondy Get the Dodge Out of Hell (200th Episode)
    Kelly Breaks Out Best of Bundy
    Naughty but Niece 25 Years and What Have You Got?
    Business Sucks Ship Happens (Part One)
    Business Still Sucks Ship Happens (Part Two)
    Dial B for Virgin Something Larry This Way Comes
    Sleepless in Chicago And Bingo Was Her Game-O
    No Pot to Pease in User Friendly
    Dud Bowl Pump Fiction
    A Man for No Season My Favorite Married
    I Want My Psycho Dad, Part One Radio Free Trumaine
    I Want My Psycho Dad, Part Two Shoeless Al
    The Naked and the Dead, But Mostly the Naked The Undergraduate

DVD Special Features Include:
    · Full Screen Presentations
    · Audio: English (Stereo)
    · Bonus Minisodes
    · Bonus Previews

BROADCAST YEAR: 1994-1995

Married … with Children: The Complete Ninth Season has a run time of approximately 630 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at Welcome to SPHE Connect. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at Sony Pictures.

DVD Catalog # 17532
    UPC Code: 0-43396-17532-7
    Order Date: 7/10/08
    SLP: $39.95

2. Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight Second Unit

Stephen
    Nothing against Married...With Children,but why did Sony have to release another set,so quickly,when they could have released further seasons of the 20-30 thirty other shows they have,that are sitting in limbo?Is MWC selling that well?

3. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    As a HUGE fan of the show, I honestly can't say I'm complaining! I do agree though that they should pick up the pace on some of their other series. I've got my fingers crossed that we'll see season 7 of "The Jeffersons" sometime soon.

4. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    Great show but at this point I'm going to hold out for a complete series boxset (I only own S1 R2 - and they've only released up to S2 so far over here in the UK!).

5. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    Another HUGE fan as well! This is the one show Sony has managed to stick with, although I still hate the bullshit replacement song in the opening and closing credits. I usually just skip right past it anyway.
    These No Ma'am episodes usually are pretty funny, looking forward to enjoying them again.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

If they keep releasing them, it seems like it must be. I'm a fan of the show but I'm sorta surprised too.

I love the NO MA'AM episodes. [​IMG]

7. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'm trying to remember at what point MWC officially went downhill in quality and never recovered. I'm thinking by the 9th season that had probably already happened. Like a lot of hit series, this one went on a bit too long. It was never going to be able to match the unbridled hilarity of the early years.

I understand that people are curious as to why certain series are released regularly and other series seem to take forever to come out. So I'll ask the same question that I've asked many times. Has it occured to anyone that the series that are still getting regular releases just might also be the ones that are SELLING ? Is that really such a hard concept to grasp ?

8. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

At this rate, we'll have the series finished by next year. Awesome news! One question I have is they say they're including the two specials (Best Of Bundy and My Favorite Married) that aired during season 9, will we ever get the specials not included with seasons 6&7 (Backstage with The Bundys and A Day In The Life)?

9. Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight Second Unit

Stephen
    Of course that's not a hard concept to grasp.But are we to believe that all those shows haven't sold well?That's a little too much,in my opinion.

10. imadkhuri

imadkhuri Extra

Perhaps they are releasing MWC, due to the success of Christina Applegate's current sitcom, "Samantha Who?". It seems Sony, nowadays, are releasing subsequent seasons of sitcoms, from which characters are currently undergoing projects. Square Pegs is another good example, considering Sarah Jessica Parker's success with The Sex and the City Movie. Hopefully, Sony will be one of the major companies leasing their shows to smaller companies.

Imad